Thread: Palps and blood pressure worries back to square 1

Palps and blood pressure worries back to square 1

Hello all, I thought that i had seen the last of my worries when about a month ago i started having palps again i was on 75mg venlafaxine tablets a day. i thought i am fed up with all this....stopped the tablets, i know you should not just stop like that but i thought these are doing nothing for my anxiety.
    So a month on and i have registered with my new Doctor's and saw the nurse today who took my blood pressure and it was high so i am worried as i am having palps every so often since yesterday. I have got an appointment to see the Doctor on Wednesday hoping he will give me some help.
    I feel really down i have panic attacks every day where i feel that i am going to have a heart attack as any little twinge in the chest sets it off. I find the only thing that helps me put all this out my mind is alcohol put i know should not have any as i only makes it all worse! I had a double brandy today.
    I have been suffering on and off for a year with panic and now high blood pressure as well, oh no! although that might be through the worry.
    Last edited by James1983; 27-05-11 at 22:58.

Re: Palps and blood pressure worries back to square 1

Quote Originally Posted by James1983 View Post
    Hello all, I thought that i had seen the last of my worries when about a month ago i started having palps again i was on 75mg venlafaxine tablets a day. i thought i am fed up with all this....stopped the tablets, i know you should not just stop like that but i thought these are doing nothing for my anxiety.
    So a month on and i have registered with my new Doctor's and saw the nurse today who took my blood pressure and it was high so i am worried as i am having palps every so often since yesterday. I have got an appointment to see the Doctor on Wednesday hoping he will give me some help.
    I feel really down i have panic attacks every day where i feel that i am going to have a heart attack as any little twinge in the chest sets it off. I find the only thing that helps me put all this out my mind is alcohol put i know should not have any as i only makes it all worse! I had a double brandy today.
    I have been suffering on and off for a year with panic and now high blood pressure as well, oh no! although that might be through the worry.
    Drinking could very well be why your blood pressure is high. I had a bad hangover recently and came with it tons of anxiety and HIGH blood pressure(freaking me out big time). I think I'm fine now though...But still go see ya Dr and dont forget to tell him you drink aswell. See if you can get therapy..It will help alot of you're open to it.......DONT drink! or atleast moderation.

Re: Palps and blood pressure worries back to square 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky32 View Post
    Drinking could very well be why your blood pressure is high. I had a bad hangover recently and came with it tons of anxiety and HIGH blood pressure(freaking me out big time). I think I'm fine now though...But still go see ya Dr and dont forget to tell him you drink aswell. See if you can get therapy..It will help alot of you're open to it.......DONT drink! or atleast moderation.
    Hello Nicky32

Thanks for Your reply, I have told the Dr he has sent me for a few tests ECG, blood etc. I am due to see him again on the 15th see what he recommends but yeah i have eased off the drink.

Thread Information