Thread: Anal, Rectal or Bowel Cancer

Anal, Rectal or Bowel Cancer

Hello,

Have not been on for some time as was taking fluxointine and had CBT. I was so sure I was over it all and that was it. How silly was I. It all started again when I had bleeding between periods and had to go for a scan. I had convinced myself I had ovarian cancer. I even went for a prive scan first as they could get me in quick and then decided to keep the one my doctor made for me as a second opinion.

Since that that has cleared up I am now sure I have anal, rectal or bowel cancer. For around the last 5 weeks I have a really bad pain in my anal area. If I touch it it doesnt hurt but can feel it hurting when I sit and even more so when i go to stand up. It also feels like there is something there when i am sitting. I went to my doctor who had a look and also done the finger test and said she could not see or feel anything but gave me some cream to see it that would help. I have been using this for a week and the pain is still there. I also explained to her that I am far from consipated and would say am very loose, have been for around 2 months and dont get much if any bleeding. I do tend to get a small bit but am thinkig this maybe because I wipe too hard.

I know this is stressing me as now the left hand side of my face has become numb and tingelly which it did the first time round.
    Am worried sick and find it is once again taking over my life. Is there anyone else who has had this?.
    Any help would be appricated.
    Thank you

Re: Anal, Rectal or Bowel Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    Seeing as your GP has checked you out, it sounds like proctalgia. Which is a posh name for anal spasms, so my doctor friend tells me. Apparently it is benign and is often seen in people with IBS. If you've had loose stools for 2 months, sounds like you could have IBS anyway?

I get a shooting pain up in that area when I have my periods (I also have IBS) - so do quite a few women on here.
    Thanks you for coming back to me. I have never been told I have IBS but have thought it a good few times over the years. Have classic's like back ache, have to rush for the loo espically if I have been out somewhere to eat.
    Thanks again for your responce, it has helped.

Thread Information