Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stomach symptoms wearing me down .What symptoms did anyone who had helicobacter have

stomach symptoms wearing me down .What symptoms did anyone who had helicobacter have

Hi i am just going through hell with my stomach ,high up near my diaphram.As most of you know i had blood test for helicobacter which was positive but im waiting on the breath test to see if that also positive before i take antibiotics as most people would test positive with the blood test as it only means you have been exposed to the bug at some point it dosent mean its active,but the breath test can say wether it active or not.To be honest im half hoping it is positive as at least i will know whats causing these awfull symptoms.I was on omeprazole for 2 weeks but had to stop them cos you cant take them for 2 weeks before the breath test.Even though the omeprazole didnt stop the burping ,i could eat more comfortably and the acid was gone.My symptoms are a constant knawing knot feeling at top of stomach like where the osephagus meets the stomach ,sometimes i get a burning there but mostly a heavy feeling,i burp constantly,or i feel like i need to burp constantly.Sometimes i have nausea and when i eat i feel full straight away and it takes ages to digest the food.Im in hell right now as it just a constant knawing not a pain just a horrid feeling.I dont no how long its going to take to get the breath test ,anyone had it and how long did you wait to get it?I really am struggiling today ,im back to my thoughts of the c word.Ive had these symptoms over 3 months now and just cant cope with it anymore.Anyone that had helicobacter what was your symptoms kind regards mollyxx

Re: stomach symptoms wearing me down .What symptoms did anyone who had helicobacter h

Anyone?

Re: stomach symptoms wearing me down .What symptoms did anyone who had helicobacter h

Hi Molly

It sounds like the omoprazle was working . Now you have stopped them all the worse symtoms come back .
    I,m sorry i don,t know the symtoms of HB .
    i,M on the laszoprazle for the forseable future , if i stop takeing them my symtoms are exactly the same as your getting . I still get some discomfort on them but nothing as bad as when i tried to stop them .
    I used to have the burning every day for nearly three months in the same place . My anxiety used to feed it , it burned , i panicked ,it burned more as my stomach was pumping out more acid due to my constant adrenalin being released .
    Its awefull i know but the acid won,t harm you short term and hopefully you can go back on them after the test .
    Can you take ranitidine (another ant acid ) instead ? Might be worth asking the DR . Its an old type of ant acid but they work very well , i take the lanzoprazle and ranitidine aswell somedays .
    You will get through this and i understand how painfull it is i just wish i could help in some way .

x
    Last edited by Greenman50; 30-05-11 at 18:51.

Hi mel thank you for replying.Yes the omaprazole were helping the burning but not the burping but they also helped me eat a bit more aswell and didnt feel as full when taking them.Im not sure if i could take rantine ,i will ask the doc but im sure its pretty much any anti acids you have to stop taking.You def right the more anxious i get about it the worse it gets,i just dont get how it started out of the blue ,i had no build up it was just there 1 day and hasnt left.Mel do you get this horrid feeling at top of stomach where your osephagus meets your stomach like a tight knot feeling like a resticted feeling ,its very hards to describe ,maybe its the acid.Im just not coping well and i keep frightening myself to death with the thoughts of what it could be.My partner says i have been like this for over 3 months and if it was anything like the c word i would have def been very ill by now.I just wish i could be as logical as him but he dosent have health anxiety so its hard for him to understand.I just need to get back to my old self again which was worrying about my heart lol.kind regards molly

My DR said to me exactly the same as your partner has to you , if it was anything more sinister you would be feeling very ill by now .

Yes i got the same tight / knot feeling at the top of my stomach (still do at times) it was very inflamed and my spintcher where the stomach meets the oesophagus (spelling) was actually sticking out and was visable as i had lost so much weight . I panicked and thought the lump was the big c but the doctor checked me out and said it was badly burned and inflamed with acid .
    It takes many months imho for it all to heal . Mine came on really bad one day and didn,t go for three months and i,m still on meds now after 7 months . Some days i burp for England , other days just bloating and some burning . It can also go for a week at a time now . My Dads been the same for 40 years (now 79) and his brothers and mum also had stomach issues starting in there late thirtys . He has the same symtoms , he calls it sitting "heavy "on his stomach . He is on meds as and when he needs them but its most days . You will get there but its a nightmare when the pain and discomfort are so bad . Excess acid and ibs the dr said to me pushs air/wind upwards hence the burping . The good thing is you are seeing the DR and getting sorted , you will get there but it just takes an awefull long time .
    Take care and pm me if you need to chat

x

Hi mel thanks for your reply agaiin.You def seem to have suffered the exact same as me ,its so time consuming all this bloody worrying lol.I have right now got this awfull feeling again at top of stomach like u say where the sphincter is a constant feeling of needing to burp and even when i do burp which is usually a million times the feeling just builds back up again ,do u get that?.My mum also has had a bad stomach for years and throws her dinner up a lot and my sisters the same ,i never throw up though .The laugh is i used to always say to my sis and mum that they should see a doc as and i used to say thank god i dont get that ,they dont suffer anxiety so basically it dosent bother them .My mum is always taking my stepdads omeprazole.I also notice when i first go in to work in the morning the wind builds so bad in my chest that i end up sometimes taking a half of a 2mg valium as when i get that at work it can lead to a panic attack.The thing is i work in the hospital so you would think i would feel safe but to be honest it makes me worse as theres nothing worse being wheeled down to a&e .it just makes me panic more.Had 4 panic attacks at work so far.I just wish i could settle my mind on something else ,even when i try to focus on something else it just starts to wonder back to my stomach.Also im starting to feel the burning in the same place and that always makes me burp for scotland {im scottish } lol.I just need to get over this everyone in my family are so sick of hearing the word "stomach" come out my mouth every 5 seconds.Thanks mel and i hope you are doing ok.kind regards molly

Yep , as soon as i burp the feeling is back again . It has settled a lot recently after 6-7 months , i also was on valium but i,ve had my last 14 prescribed and then thats my lot

It will go , but the more we panick the worse it is , the trouble is its so hard to get out of this thinking when its there all the time

hi i hate that feeling ,its so much worse as soon as i eat.I also get really full as soon as i eat a small amount.I had to take a valium again last night as i awoke with a panic attack ,it wasnt nice.Hopefully you wont need the valium as often now.kind regards molly x

Hi well doctor phoned me today to say that the hospital wont do the helicobacter breath test until i have taken the triple therapy antibiotics.So dont no what to do as the positive blood test only tells me i have antibodies to the bacteria.My symptoms are still so bad ,i am struggiling with them badly today.I think i am just going to have to take the meds .But the fear of taking them is so bad,what if im allergic or have bad side effects.Just dont know what to do.Has anyone else had the meds for the helicobacter.kind regards molly x

Me again

I got tested for HB , it was a pooh sample (tmi) but was negative . I did read up on the treatment for it just incase and iirc it was just a triple course of anti biotecs ?? The worse i read on the net was the runs if the anti biotecs didn,t agree with you .
    Personally it wouldn,t worry me takeing the treatment for it , can you take the omeprazole again now ?

Sorry i,m not much help but i,m sure the meds are nothing to worry about .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information