Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all peri/post menopausal ladies!

Re: Calling all peri/post menopausal ladies!

I'm just 50 and have been in perimeno for past 10 years but particularly past 5 yrs. It started with missed periods then long periods then flooding and constant (10 weeks) bleeding! The first 5 yrs I had intermittant bleeding problems with couple of years inbetween but past 5 years nothing has been normal I had two years of the long spells without periods then bleeding for weeks on end and flooding and after tests told it was hormones and I was like you oestragen dominent. I was offered either hrt or mirena coil but didn't want either or hysterectomy or live with it. I contacted the natural progesterone service and saw a private Dr and got a legit prescription for nat prog cream and it cured my excessive bleeding and flooding, this is not the stuff you can buy off the internet its one of only two that is garuanteed dosage per unit.

I have not had a regualr cycle for past 4 years and up about 6 months ago started to get period every two weeks getting lighter and shorter and Gp said this can happen before they stop. I have not gone three months without a period but who knows what will happen next. I am also getting hot flushes, very disturbed sleep, very dry downbelow and loads of other symptoms.

My very first symptom 10 years ago was spotting between periods for a few months and then the real peri kicked in when I went 6 weeks between periods 5 yrs ago.

Re: Calling all peri/post menopausal ladies!

I'm not at all sure that I am menopausal? I haven't had a period since 2007 due to an absence of womb but I still have my ovaries and they are painful at times. It feels like someone is pricking me. It is probably ovulation. My body has a warped sense of humour! EJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information