Just some background info to start with. I have suffered from agoraphobia and depression for a number of years, the depression has been quite managable, but the agoraphobia hasn't. I haven't been able to visit a GP for years, but my old pracitice were fantastic in that they either visited me at home or talked to me over the phone.

A few months ago I had to move a short distance to another area (which was very hard, but I just about managed).

The problem now is that my new local practice insist that I have to attent a routine medical at the practice before a doctor can prescribe any more medication or even see me at all.

No amount of reason will convince these people that I simply cannot attend a medical examination outside my home (I have tried to attend and failed dozens of times since moving), and they refuse to send anyone out to do it.

It's almost as though they think that agoraphobia is something I can switch off for an hour or so while I attend the medical, and the statement "If I could get to the medical, I wouldn't need the doctor" just seemed to cause some amusement.

My medication is running very low and prospect of running out is only making me even more depressed.

I know I could kick-start a complaint against them, but before I go down that road any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.