Thread: Pain during intercourse

Pain during intercourse

Hi, sorry if this is too personal or anything. I'm not extremely worried about this because i've had it randomly on and off for a long while. And had tests and stuff in the past. It's just recently it's happening more recently.

What it is, my boyfriend and I (we've been together 4 years), sometimes when we have vaginal sex, it's quite sore, and I have to instantly stop. It's sort of a burning, uncomfortable pain. I'm not really sure how to descrbe it.

I've had thrush in the past, so could it be this? Or could it just be tension and stress?

Anyone else?

Re: Pain during intercourse

Hi,

I had a similar thing a couple of years ago, and upon internal exam at my GP was told that, internally, I was very red and sore and was given antibiotics to calm things down.

However, there is also a condition called vaginismus that can cause pain upon intercourse, which can indeed be down to stress and anxiety, but since you mention a 'burning' pain, I wouldn't necessarily put my money on this.

The other things is....without being too personal (apologies), are you sure you are aroused enough before sex, with foreplay etc. as this will cause pain if not upon intercourse?

Anyway, the best thing to do if you are able is to make an appt. with your GP to get checked out, so they can check you out for any treatable causes hun.

All the best.xx
    Last edited by debs71; 05-06-11 at 17:13.

Thanks for your reply, I think i'm going to try and get all the tests done tomorrow, even though i'm terrified of getting back an HIV tets.

Hi I was wondering if you use a lubricant. I find that KY jelly and play tingle both burn like hell although others I've used have been fine.

Just wondered if things were ok now x

Thread Information