Thread: feeling sick and have awful emet!!

feeling sick and have awful emet!!

Hello all, having an awful day today... been panicy all day then around 7pm i started to feel really sick (or so i think) i took a buccastem and after about an hour and one huge panic attack i carmed down n it wore off. However 4 hours later the nausea is back along with a dull stomach ache above my belly button... I am gettin myself in a right mess and i dont no if i can take my domperidone now i have already taken buccastem and if i am really ill or making myself ill with fear!!

I dont no what to do with myself im embarassed of myself and cant get out of the dark hole.......... I feel so alone and scared and no1 understands!!!!

Re: feeling sick and have awful emet!!

Hi, I too suffer from severe Emet, have done for as far back as I can possibly remember, I'm just turning 29 now. Never a day goes by without me thinking I'm about to be I'll, I have constant nausea and stomach pains. I take domperidone almost daily, alongside an addiction to mints, chewing gum and hot water bottles. I'm currently pregnant so the above have all become out of bounds! I'm going stir crazy, panic attacks are relentless. I wish I knew the answer? B xxx

I'm an emet too, and I have found something that makes the sick feeling go away, ginger biscuits.
    I hate them, but they actually do work. I suck on them at first, especially if i feel i cannot eat anything, and then I'll gently and slowly swallow some, it settles my sickly tummy too.

I don't know how it works but it does, and they put it in alot of anti nausea medication.

just a thought following on from Miss Moose about ginger .

when my stomach churned relentlessly especially first thing on waking and felt so nauseous ............. I drank lemon and ginger herbal tea .
    followed by soda water to burp [sorry ]

it really does help I think ..trouble is now thank god I am usually ok .. it reminds me of times I want to forget .
    but it did help xxxx

am also emet & the past week or so been suffering bad with nausea / headaches / swollen stomach which doc has put down to constipation !! but am just not convinced i just wish the nausea would stop

Thread Information