Thread: prozac capsules

prozac capsules

can you cut 20 mg prozac capsules in half so that you are taking 10 mg as the the thought of all them side effects is putting me off, i have tried 10 mg cit three times and gave up as the side effects were unbearable i seem to be sensitive to a lot of things,i suffer anxiety/dep the dr told me to try 20 mg for 2 weeks to see how they go but i would rather try 10 mg and work up if i can tolerate them she wouldnt give me any lorazopram for the side effects,thanks

Re: prozac capsules

no you cant, but you can take one 20mg everyother day OR ask to have the prozac syrup (medicine) instead i used to take one capsule every other day for two years......ive also tried the syrup..both worked very well.

if you are careful you can open the capsule by pulling each end, pull the outer green side upwards, keeping the cream side still. Pour away half the contents then put it back together. Ok so it is not particularly accurate but it worked for me. Also as you want to increase your dose just pour away a bit less each day.

did you find that the side effects were reduced and what were the side effects for you and how long before you upped the dose i have got larazopram to take if the side effects are to much to handle im desperate to try ads to live a normal life providing they work for me

well i have tried a few different ADs and my gp always told me to half the dose to start with for a week and this does reduce the side effects but you still will get some it just helps your body adjust more slowly so they are not so intense. You might have to try a few meds until you find the one that suits, for me it turned out not to be prozac but escitalopram (lexapro/cipralex) as the side effects for me were not so bad but then I suffer from bad anxiety as well as the depression so that's why the prozac wasnt so good. your gp has given you the other med to help with the increased feelings you will get at the start of treatment which is really helpful . I wish you all the best.

Don't muck about with the capsules Bassman, just ask the doc for the liquid form - much easier and more accurate x

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Each person has different side effects. I was nervous before taking Fluoxetine but it turned out ok. I continue to have side effects like (pretty much absent) libido, major changes in loss if appetite (sometimes I don't eat for a day, and I have to remind myself to eat), panic attacks, restlessness (but I see that as good since it might help me loose some weight), dizzyness, dry mouth, and some really odd changes in vision.

I had most of these SEs with other ADs too, so it's not great, but not that bad either - they're manageable. The most annoying SE is sweating, during the night time and in the mornings.
    Last edited by scooter; 13-06-11 at 06:45.

Thread Information