Thread: Missed periods

Missed periods

Hi ladies, I'm 44 and have missed a couple of periods, it happened last year too but they returned to normal. My dr won't order tests till I've missed 3 she said. Could it be the start of my change? I've always been very regular you see.
    Would love to here any similar experiences
    Thanks for reading,
    Jo

Re: Missed periods

Hi hun

I am 47 years young I have missed periods for a number of reasons, firstly, in the past I have missed them due to stress.

My periods have always been regular, up until a few years ago, symptoms of periods, different ones each month, changing all the time, yes like you, a few missed here and there, I did however, put the missed periods down to 2 things, either stress or going through the change, so never really worried about it.

However, Jan, this year, other strange and wonderful symptoms kicked in and after a few months, sooo blinkin fed up with these symptoms, even ME thinking it was 98% anxiety, but the 2% was playing with me, haha, as anxiety does, off I went to GP. Who, sent me for lots of blood test, YES, all came back normal, apart from one, I AM going through the change, ohhhh lucky me LOL

SO, missing periods, is a part of the change, but it also can be caused by stress. I know for me, the other 2 symptoms, I had at that time (and still do have one of them to some degree, ARE anxiety related) I am going through a hard time at the mo.

Hun, you can get tested to see if you are going through the change, peace of mind goes along way. Even if its not the change, if you have anxiety, this is stressful and that may cause your periods to waver from time to time, please hun, DON'T let Mrs anxiety play with you, if you have concerns, go back to have a chat with your gp.

I do hope this has been of some help, even if its just knowing your not alone, I do feel alot of women go through missed periods at some time in there lives.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

I was 45 when the perimeno kicked in and kicked being the word. I started with missed periods up to three months then bleeding constantly for up to 10 weeks with intermittant flooding. Over next 3 years had all the horrible tests twice and always told it was perimeno and I was oestragen dominent. I did not want the mirena coil or hrt so saw a private Dr for natural prog cream which worked on the flooding. I have not had a normal cycle for past 5 years. Anything goes

I have just turned 50 about 6 months ago strarted to get periods every 2 weeks very short and light and then they stopped three months ago but goodness knows whats next, now got the hot flushes, very disturbed sleep etc etc. My Gp said sometimes periods get closer together before they stop but I will believe that when I have not had a period for over a year

I sincerely hope you are one of the lucky ones and you your periods just slowly get farther apart but I would say almost anything is normal so don't panic - if you get the constant bleeding like I did then yes see the gyny to be sure its just your wacky hormones.

Thanks for the replies, I am thinking it is the change even though my GP told me last year I was a bit young.
    I also get very flushed sometimes and my joints seem more achy too recently, oh the joys !! :-(

Thread Information