Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sodium valproate

Sodium valproate

hiya my physiatrist as just put me on Sodium valproate as he said its a mood stabilizer as i suffer from depression and my mood is always up and down ...
    i want to know if anyone else is on these and if there any good im a bit unsure if to start them ?

Re: Sodium valproate

Do you suffer from severe depression or treatment resistant depression? I suffer from severe recurrent depression and I take lithium (a different mood stabiliser) It has been a godsend for me. My illness is now stable. I would listen to your psychiatrist and give it a try. Lithium has a long list of side effects so it might be an idea to look at the potential side effects of Sodium valproate. Best wishes EJ.

I'm Bipolar and I found Sodium Valproate didnt help. I'm now on Olanzapine but tis seems not to be helping much either.
    My doc and psychartrist are talking about pescribing Lithium to me, im wondering if that'll help though. I seem to be at my wits end at the moment.
    GvP
    x

I'm on Sodium Valproate and found it very very good. It helped with my anxiety and also helped stabilise / counteract a lot of the side effects, like being over hyped, I was getting from my anti depressants.

Although the leaflet listed a bunch of side effects, as they always do, I had absolutely none whatsoever.

I'm not normally someone who worries about taking generic tablets but this is the only one I insist my dr prescribes to me by make: Epilim Chrono, as I have had some problems with the generic versions not working.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreason View Post
    I'm not normally someone who worries about taking generic tablets but this is the only one I insist my dr prescribes to me by make: Epilim Chrono, as I have had some problems with the generic versions not working.
    It seems to matter much more when taking a mood stabiliser. I take priadel 200mg and 400mg. I'm not allowed to take any other brand. EJ.

im just wanting to know what is the best time to take it my doc said night time wondering best time?
    Also my friend takes this and as put a lot of weight on from been on it im happy at the weight i am how would i stop myself from pileing the weight on while on it ?

The recommended time to take it is last thing at night because it can make you feel a little queasy. The thinking is that if you are asleep you won't notice. Personally I've never had any queasiness from it at all though.

I've also never found it affected my weight / appetite at all. It really is a very benign, easy to take drug. Best wishes with it, I think you'll do well

ive started taking it and had no side affects just felt sick first time doubleing up....

im wondering if its fine to drink while on these im on 400mg a nite
    was thinkin alcopops as dont want to have anything strong while on them as a frined as asked if id like a drink at hers sat nite but told her i was on these meds and dont want a it to affect me she said cant i just miss sat nites and have a drink then carry on takeing them as normal sunday nite

hope someone can let me know thanks

As ive got no reply i think ill not try and have a drink tomorrow as ive not got and advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information