Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lump on my Neck - please help!!! Terrified.

Lump on my Neck - please help!!! Terrified.

Hi,

I've been reading these forums for awhile now, but this is my first post. You guys have given me a lot of comfort during some terrible times.

I have this lump, a little bigger than a pea, it's soft and sort of rubbery. I think I can move it around, but can't tell for sure if the lump or just the skin is moving around. It's located on my neck, sorta in between the clavicle bones, or shoulder bones. I'm in a panic right now thinking it's Hodgkin's limpona.

I don't have health insurance, no job and am about to run out of my meds.

Please, someone reply. I'm desperate.

Re: Lump on my Neck - please help!!! Terrified.

Hi Roggmanny,

Try not to panic - there are many posts on here about pea-sized lumps on neck. I have one behind my ear and it has been there for years. It is a swollen gland. Dr said that often once they have been raised they stay there. I too was in a huge panic when I found mine and dr actually got me to feel one he has on his neck. Go and get it checked to put your mind at rest but I am sure it will be just a swollen gland.

Flumpkin x

Thanks so much for your quick response.

I'm stil nervous, but feel like I can get through the rest of the day now.

One other thing that I did want to add is that the lump seems to swell and then shrink. I've tried tracking it, but can't make any connection to what my be causing it to go up and down in size.

I did a quick search and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. Admittedly, my anxiety is still pretty high and I'm having trouble reading.

hi, try not to worry! I too have lumps in my neck. I first noticed them about 6 years ago and went straight to the docs in a panic. I was told that they are quite common and are nothing to worry about. I still have them now and actually have more! x

Thanks for the support! I greatly appreciate it.

I went ahead and decided to pay for a doctors visit out of pocket just to be double sure, but your responses really helped me through the day.

I also have a couple small semi hard painless bumps on the back of my neck. Don't know what they are either. I don't have any other symptoms either. Going for a physical tomorrow - pretty nervous but I guess that's my normal health anxiety.

Just wanted to add I have one on the left side of my neck...about the size of a pea, I went to the doctor about 10 years ago about it and he told me not to worry, it's nothing. Well nothing has come of it and I'm fit and healthy so hope it's the same for you!

I worried about this for ages. I have lots of small ones. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find more tiny ones.

If it's soft, rubbery, slightly moveable, it's nothing to worry about.

It it's very hard, stuck to the skin and over 2cm in size it's of more concern

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

It's not the skin which is moving, it's your node. From the description you've given you have nothing to worry about.

soft and moveable and goes up and down indicates its not cancer. My doctor told me that when it comes to lumps anywhere on your body they are concerned about things that get bigger and bigger and bigger. Cancer continues to get worse over time. It wont flare up then go down again.
    x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

A couple of years ago I had a lump just about on my collar bone and I was terrifies. It used to swell up now and again too. It took many months of investigation before it was diagoned. I had googled every word I could think of to try to analyse it! In the end I had a biopsy and it was a sort of blood cyst - allis okay. I forget the correct term fo rit - it begins with 'h' and ends 'toma' - . I had never read anything to suggest it may be this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information