Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 people in the past week have commented on my blushing

2 people in the past week have commented on my blushing

So at work when i'm at my most anxious I've had 2 occasions this week where colleagues have commented on my blushing 'why are you blushing' and 'oo she's going red'
    so yeah feel complete poop today why do people feel the need to comment on it? when all it can achieve is more blushing and painful, awful embarrassment. I know they don't know that but why can't they just not mention it! :-(

Re: 2 people in the past week have commented on my blushing

Hi kate,

It's only because they like you, they probably didn't mean to be horrible, they were most likely winding you up to get a reaction.
    You're right though why should they tell you how red you are (have they got nothing else to do!)
    Just laugh it off

I do try to laugh it off and just walk away and try busy myself, but inside I get this horrible feeling, obviously I feel embarrassed but I feel ashamed and angry with myself for blushing in the first place, I hate not being in control of my body.

Why not just smile and say ... "I'm thinking some VERY naughty thoughts about someone" and leave them guessing and walk away .... you'll have the upper hand and won't need to get mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    I can relate 100%, It's happened to me so many times, I HATE HATE HATE when people feel the need to comment on the fact you're blushing and all it does is make things worse... I wish I could laugh it off but instead it just really irritates me and puts me in a bad mood and I begin snapping at everyone, kinda works though depending on the people.
    yeah it puts me in a bad mood too, I get so annoyed that people don't understand how it makes me feel, I get annoyed that they seem to have so much confidence, annoyed that I have so little.
    I know that is ridiculous because I don't know everything about them and vice versa.

kate why worry over them thay dont pay your rent do thay
    head up walk tall just be you
    god bless

Hi Kate
    Yeah, it's not nice when people comment about it, but if you can be bold enough to just laugh it off and maybe turn the tables on them like Sanmarbro says it would make it easier. The harsh reality is the less these things bothers you, the less you will blush.

Tyke

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    The harsh reality is the less these things bothers you, the less you will blush.

Tyke
    I know I guess i'm going to have to put laughing it off into practice.
    thanks Tyke you always have something good to say
    x

Yeah, certainly one of the worst things for me is the embarassment of people noticing and commenting on my panic attacks (in my case it tends to be trembling rather than blushing although I've had that as well).

The only thing you can do is try to laugh it off as the other guys have said Kate(which is hard sometimes I know). At least it doesn't sound as if there is anything nasty meant by their comments, just a bit of teasing.

B

Hi Kate, yes I have this too and find it really difficult. It is especially difficult when people notice and say something, because if nobody says anything I am not sure whether I am blushing noticeably. But I think it is worth mentionning that sometimes if I can just ignore my blush and carry on as if it is not happening then it seems to be less noticeable to others. Doesn't always work, but does sometimes help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information