Thread: Pcos/endometriosis

Pcos/endometriosis

hi all
    does anyone have endometriosis/ polycystic ovaries syndrome ??
    im being tested for them both im having a scan on friday, and i keep
    thinking they will find a tumour silly i know
    my symptoms are heavy periods, missing upto 2months at a time,
    pelvic pain in lower tummy and back starts a week before my period and last for about 4 days after my gp also thinks i have endometriosis as i had my gallbladder
    removed i had bloody lesions on my gallbladder
    any advice or info would be great thanks

Re: Pcos/endometriosis

Hi cazzaboo!

I have had endo since I was about 17 years old. I don't know why GPs insist on scans because the only way to diagonose is with laparoscopy and it sounds like they know what they're looking at already!

Your treatment may depend on how old you are (if you are young they will put you on the pill and maybe something like mefenamic acid tablets for the pain if painkillers aren't helping much. If you are older they may progress to another hormone therapy).

They generally advise you not to wait around to start a family as it may progress, it usually depends on where the endo is. My sister in law also has PCOS and was able to have a family, if you don't have one already (you don't say how old you are :P) . My pain went away for a long time but has started to come back (nowhere near what it was before though), so it can get better.

For me the worst part is sex, depending on the time of month sometimes it is just too painful for me to do but the spectrum varies, you can have lots of growth and feel very little or just have a little and be in a lot of pain.

If they do book you for a laparoscopy (and I'm sure eventually they will), feel free to pm me. It's not an awful procedure but it is a little uncomfortable afterwards but I'm sure they will not turn up anything deadly. You're going to be ok

I too had Endo since my periods began at the age of 13 (35 now). I had a Lap and they found 2 x 5cm cysts on my right ovary and some Endo which they burned off. That was 5 years ago now and I can honestly say that it was the best thing to do.

You will be fine, it's incredibly common and they know what they are doing

thank you both im 32 and have 3 children my youngest is 3 and it took us awhile to conseive her so my husband had the snip as we are more than certain we dont want anymore as pregnancy and labour wasnt great for me, i can cope with the pain as ibuprofen work quite well i have a high pain thresh hold anyway,
    do you have to be put too sleep for the laparscopy?? thats the bit im dreading the most
    thanks again huggs caz xxx

Hi, yes they do put you to sleep but you will come round again and then get better

thanks silky
    ive been put to sleep before i had my gallbladder removed last year so i know the
    drill lol
    thanks again xx

Hi what happened with yr scan? I'm getting the same kind of symptoms :-(

Thread Information