Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Hey Alex,

Very glad to hear you slept well without your tablets .
    Everything looks better after a good nights sleep and you've broken the bad pattern.

Have a good weekend .

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We're afraid."
    "Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We will fall!"
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Probably too soon to be happy- didn't sleep so well last night, but did grab maybe 3 hours (not THAT much less than night before really, just felt alot less). Feel less anxious but a bit low. Maybe after one good day expecting too much? Realise that it's a slow road, and there will be good days and bad days. Or, in fact, I'm finding that days have good bits and bad bits! I assume this is normal...

Will keep the faith!

Alex.

If you're in a hole, stop digging... unless you're a miner.

Hi Alex - Yes, you are right, it is perfectly normal to have ups and downs like this. The good news is that the good bits get longer and longer when we practice what we know will make us feel better - eating right, exercising, relaxing etc. I too went in with both feet - nothing wrong with that and it certainly didn't do me any harm - although looking back and hearing you, it is quite a brave thing to do, so well done!

Sleep will come when it is good and ready - use your distraction tecniques for when it becomes a worry to you and you may find that your subconcious ignores the need to stay awake!

Good to meet you - keep up the really good work!

Red
    x

Thanks Red- good to meet you too. I guess that when I'm feeling good, I start to think that I'm done, but then feel down when things get worse again. Just a mindset I'll have to get out of- realise that there is no instant end to this thing of ours.

The sleep thing is just a bit annoying now. I have noticed the last 2 mornings I have felt tired rather than anxiously zinging as I was before. I hope this is a good sign!!

Thanks for your support,

Alex.

On another matter, would y'all say that CBT is a necessity, or something to look at of things don't improve without? Just that my contact at the Trust is going on holiday soon, and wouldn't be able to see me before early May. He suggested that I see how I go and call him then if I feel I need his help.

Hi Alex.

I find that it often works on an intensity basis - the getting better - and not always a time interval . Ie you still have bad days/times but they're not as bad as previously- then the time intervals between problems grows too.

Yes , leave the CBT for a bit . May is only a month away and you'll know more about your progress then .

Keep doing what you're doing.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We're afraid."
    "Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We will fall!"
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

hi alex, im mary, welcome to the site ,its wonderful and everyone here is great x like yourself my panics came on very qickly out of the blue, only weeks ago but with alot of wise words from everyone here, love from my family and friends and going to the doctors to check i wasnt going mad ha ha im on the mend, at first i thought i was never going to get better but slowly im getting there. i was shocked this could happen to me, but sitting back taking alook at my life i was always rushing around not eating good food drinking red bull until it came out of my ears so i started taking vitamins eating better only drinking water and swimming a few times a week i feel lots better and not worrying about everything. keep an open mind try and think of all the ood days you are having you will get there take care from mary

alex only mary again....sorry in my last sentance to you it was meant to say think of all the GOOD days you are having not the odd days......... im so daft sometimes ha ha take care from mary

Thanks Mary- that's just what I wanted to hear! That there is hope not too far away. I think the worst part is the feeling sometimes that it's not getting better, and that it'll always be like this. But as has been said, and I believe this is the case with me, the intensity of the anxiety is lower than it was, and can only get better really. I recognise your previous lifestyle- poor nutrition, always busy- that was me!! I guess we are the fallen in the stress war. Thankfully, it seems we can get better.

Thanks again for your comforting words,

Alex.

Hi Alex have tried 2 reply & wil try again Proud of u that u r facin in head on U have it sussed b4 it susses u Keep in touch Sal xxx

SJ Brunskill

morning alex, you sound really well which is really good, i honestly thought i would never feel like mary again but i really have started feeling better. we live in such a stresssful world, so fast, wanting everything, we all take the little things for granted and its proved to me that all you need is your health, love and friendship(i sound like a wise old owl sorry) please try and eat properly and often take some vitamins try not to drink any caffine goodness i sound so healthy these days, well i havent given up smoking yet...hope you are having a wonderful weekend take care from mary

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information