Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Thanks mary- good morning to you too! I do feel pretty good today (got some sleep last night which helped!), and I really feel that I'm on the road to recovery now. The anxiety is still there, but less intense. I have come to realise that, as you say, the root cause of it all is these stressful times we live in. For me, I am in a management post, having never had experience of this before (I trained as an academic), and I just don't possess the skills to delegate properly, and thus just ended up taking on too much myself! I have bought a stress management book by Cary Cooper, which I think will help- I'll let you know if it's any good. Have also looked at how I work, and will seek to change that too.
    I too have had a radical lifestlye change- I'm cigarette & caffeine free for 2 weeks, and have been eating fruit, drinking water etc, exercising. A real change for me (I was 20+ a day, take-aways and lots of diet coke). Whatever else, this thing will certainly mean I am MUCH healthier... I'm even going to look for and fix my bicycle this afternoon. And you're right- it doesn make you really appreciate your friends and family. And this forum too!

You enjoy the rest of your weekend, and keep the faith!

Alex.

If you're in a hole, stop digging... unless you're a miner.

hi alex your doing really well goodness we are both turning out to be really healthy which cant be a bad thing. give out as much work to others as you can, dont feel as if you have to take everything on your own shoulders....your only human, hey you are management.. thats your job ha ha, you can do it x how did mending the bike go? good i hope, ive started swimming which has shocked everyone who knows me as i dont normally do exercise. well take care of yourself from mary

Hi Mary- good to hear from you. Yes, being healthy is no bad thing, although if I keep losing weight none of my trousers will fit (LOL not much danger!). The bicycle was ok, although I didn't get that far before meeting a punishing hill- legs like jelly afterwards! Swimming is great exercise- wish my Gym had a pool, I'd be in it all the time! I have started delegating more, and I have discovered that my team like doing things, and they're better at most of it than me!
    Slept pretty well last night, and feeling better everyday- feel it's going in the right direction (although I know there will be bad bits too).

Thanks again for your kind words, and keep at it yourself too!

Look after yourself and never lose faith!

Alex.

Just to show me, and keep my head out of the clouds- not such a good night (not much sleep and anxiety level quite high). That's the way the cookies crumbles, I guess- will stay positive and view this as a 'blip' on the otherwise revocery trend!

Hope y'all are doing well,

Alex.

Hi Alex

Sounds like you are doing just fine to me - well done. Glad that the site is helping - we all thought that it would! Be firm but not too hard on yourself - remember to give yourself a pat on the back when you take that little step further. You have experienced a better sleep now so the intervals in between will shorten and you will soon be sleeping well (enough) all of the time.

Keep it going!

Red
    x

You guys know just the right thing to say, it's amazing! It is so much easier to keep positive with such great support.

Thanks so much,

Alex.

morning alex oh bless you, its awful when you dont have a good sleep x i have good nights and bad nights it affects how you feel the next day but we are here and understand x can you have a relaxed day or are you at work? if your anxiety is bad make sure you have something to eat i always think it keeps the butterflys away try a banana!! i often have problems not being able to sleep but i take sleeping tablets which i dont like doing but i hate the thought of laying in my bed worrying all night. im just like you as soon as i say im feeling ok i then go onto having a blip so im forever touching wood these days ha ha, i sat with my friend the other day and was saying how much better i was feeling, then i had a little panic and had to find some wood to touch for good luck and i had a panic that i couldnt find any wood.... how mad am i!! then she started to laugh and i was like what are you laughing about and she pointed out i was standing on my wooden floor boards im such a dip stick ha ha well im just popping out you take care from mary x

Hey Mary- don't feel bad about the wood thing- I have a friend who always carries a bit of wood around with her all the time (so she can touch wood)..LOL! Anything seems it can set us off into a spiral, just important that we keep a perspective and positive thoughts. At work today- pretty busy (but that's good!). I've already discovered bananas- generally have a couple with me. I don't take sleeping tablets- scared of dependance (my mother was, and it wasn't nice), so I prefer being tired the next day (find I can function ok, just a bit jittery). Been okay today, just a bit anxious and jittery. Weekend soon!!!

How you doing? Hope all is good at your end!
    And thanks so much for your message.
    Alex.

Ooh look- I got a star!!! Woo hoo!!!

*yippee your a star* and always remember it x how you doing? ok i hope.yippee its a bank holiday too x have you got some time off? hope you have, make sure you chill out and have some YOU time. i know what you mean about the sleeping tablets i really dont like taking them but the doctor promised me i cant get hooked!! your poor mum x perhaps i should carry abit of wood around with me, ill see if i can find abit if you ever see a girl carring a trunk in her bag it will be me ha ha take care have a great weekend from mary x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information