Thread: all time low

all time low

well i guess im shouting for some help here. i stopped taking the citalopram about 7 weeks ago. Gp was not impressed but i didnt like the way that they made me feel. it was almost as if i were floating around in a bubble.
    been waiting for an appointment to come thorugh for some councilling and cbt. the doc reckons i have PTSD. i have an appointment booked now after waiting for 12 weeks, the only trouble is its not for another 4 weeks.

had a review this morning with the doctor. i was totally honest with her. feeling all time low. no motivation. crying all the time. being a single mum and working full time is taking its toll. but im trying to hold myself together for the sake of my 6 year old son. but i have to admit im crumbling. My GP is so lovely. she is the first doc to listen to me and ive been to and from docs with low moods since i was about 12...im now 28. she tried to sign me off work but i declined. was that the right thing to do? she suggested new type of medication . sertraline 50mg daily. but im worried. i had horrible side effects when i took citaolpram and i know it gets worse before it gets better. will taking these tablets tip me over the edge? i dont feel strong enough to go through anything else.

i actually want to hurt my son the other day. i would like to add at this point that i didnt actually do anything. but my god i wanted to. i love him so much but i had this feeling in me that if i lay just one finger on him that i wouldnt be able to stop. im a bad bad person.

i have suicdal thoughts. the other week i wrote letters, rounded up pills. bottle of vodka. my neighbour interuppted me. thank god she did. would i have done it. i frightened myself. but i keep thinking that i cant do this anymore. i cant take the pain, the fear, the anxiety, the nightmares.

the only way i can describe how i feel at the moment is its like sitting alone in a crowded room!!

Re: all time low

This is not a good time for you at the moment for sure - but you are here and you are posting - which is a great step to wanting to get better. You are a very low point and with the support of your Dr hopefully will get through this. Please take care of yourself - make sure you have an emergency number you can call , a friend, the samaritans someone for when you are at your very lowest.

Your description of " i feel at the moment is its like sitting alone in a crowded room!! " I know that feeling so well - I wish you positive vibes and hope that you can get to a better place so that you can handle this better

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm feeling at an all time low, too. You are taking the right steps to getting better, and we are here to support each other through it. Please don't do anything drastic as you have a son that loves and needs you!

This thread is over 2 years old and the member hasn't posted since. Hopefully they were OK once they switched from citalopram to sertraline.

Ah sorry, I should've paid attention to the date, didn't realise it was bumped.

Thread Information