Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dentists

Dentists

I need to overcome this fear. My teeth bleed and hurt due to neglecting because of anxiety over toothpaste once for a few months. They can be quite painful but I'm scared of dentists

Re: Dentists

I'm also scared of pain

My heart goes out to you. I have neglected my teeth yet I have had so many problems with the over the years. My wife has been going through a serious abcess over the last three weeks and I have had two go with her numerous times and then she had oral surgery and it was nerve racking. I was just looking at my teeth trembling at going but know one day Ill have to. It has helped my fears a little to go with her so much.Maybe you could do the same. I have doing book searches over the last few weeks and there are many good books on overcoming the fear of denistry. Good luck to you and you sure arent alone with this fear..

Thanks. I guess it's more a fear of needles/ operations than the dentist cause I'm fine for a check up. If I go get it sorted now will I be ok. ? I think I'll book an app on tuesday

I'm scared I'll need a tooth pulling out to. When I had the cervical cancer jab I was shaking crying screaming and had a doctor hold me down so I would have it

my teeth are hurting so bad to eat on. does this mean an extraction will need to take place. i am going to book an app for tommorow but im scared as hell

I'm terrifed as ive seen how bad tooth pain can be but when i have a needle i have to be held down and restrained and i cry and cry like a little baby would. I'm terrified BUT i want the pain to go. i know its tooth decay BUT does anyone know if it can be stopped from getting any worse

all i want to eat is liquid food like soups etc at the moment :(

the nerve in the tooth will die and the pain will go away BUT the dead root might cause an infection.
    Can you take a sedative or see a dentist who uses sedatives so you won't be fully awake?

If the nerve dies then you will either need a root canal or the tooth pulled.

After a left a tooth for too long it got infected and my jaw swelled up with infection, so keep an eye on your temperature.
    There are consequences for not going to the dentist, I know you scared but you really don't have much time or choice.

The injection takes only a few seconds and because your numb there is NO pain.

I would start at least investigating your options in terms of sedatives and sedation.
    If your really very bad you can apply through the NHS to get it done under general so your 100% asleep, the waiting times can be long though.

Quote Originally Posted by Em.ma View Post
    I'm terrifed as ive seen how bad tooth pain can be but when i have a needle i have to be held down and restrained and i cry and cry like a little baby would. I'm terrified BUT i want the pain to go. i know its tooth decay BUT does anyone know if it can be stopped from getting any worse
    think of the injection in terms of out of 24 hours the injection takes a few seconds,.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information