Thread: Paranoid about Petechiae

Unhappy Paranoid about Petechiae

I've had a swollen lymph node for a few months, which has shrunk in size, but still slightly visible. I also have tiny petechiae spots. I went to the my Doctor and a had a blood test. Results were fine. But the other day I developed a petechiae/purpura RASH just above my left armpit. It faded away the next day. Now I've spotted another big petechiae rash on the back of my right arm. I'm worried that I have lymphoma or something. I know that my blood test result was normal, but the big rashes have only started this week, and my blood test was a month ago. Any advice or reassurance? I'm so scared.

Re: Paranoid about Petechiae

Quote Originally Posted by sophiethestar View Post
    I've had a swollen lymph node for a few months, which has shrunk in size, but still slightly visible. I also have tiny petechiae spots. I went to the my Doctor and a had a blood test. Results were fine. But the other day I developed a petechiae/purpura RASH just above my left armpit. It faded away the next day. Now I've spotted another big petechiae rash on the back of my right arm. I'm worried that I have lymphoma or something. I know that my blood test result was normal, but the big rashes have only started this week, and my blood test was a month ago. Any advice or reassurance? I'm so scared.
    Sophie the mind is a very complex organ, and I think it can create symptoms of just about any disease going just as long as you are looking for it, why do you not get the symptoms of a disease you do not know much about? because you don't know what to look for, its good that you check your body just to be on the safe side but where does your fear come from? has a member of your family been diagnosed with Lymphoma? the chances are the rashes are a response to your worrying so much, you hear about people who have Eczema whom come out in rashes when they are stressed, this is all I honestly think is wrong with you its just a reaction to your worrying.

Okay, thanks. No one in my family had Lymphoma. My Mum had breast cancer when I was 9, but then she got brain cancer when I was 14. I'm just terrified of cancer. The past few days I felt okay after my first rash disappeared, but now I've got a new one I'm worrying again. :(

Has your GP actually said that what you have is petechia or are you diagnosing yourself. My mother had terminal breast cancer and she had petetchia and I know what it actually looks like. Petetchia is not confined to lymphoma it can occur with any cancer usually later on in the disease.

Having seen the real thing I know that loads of other harmless rashes can mimic it.

My Doctor said it's Cappilaritis. Types of cappilaritis are petechiae and purpura, right? I know it shows quite late on in cancers, so I was thinking it would have shown in my blood test 3 weeks ago, but I'm not sure. I think my shrinking lymph node is a good sign though. My Doctor said my lymph node doesn't feel alarming and I don't need to see her again. And she said the cappilaritis looks normal. x

Thread Information