Thread: This is really getting me down now

This is really getting me down now

I know im a moan (hence my name lol)

Well as u might have seen last week I could go at all... 4 days and a senacot later and I managed one normal poo.. now since then im the total other way. I pretty much eat and then 30 mins later max im not off the loo... every movement ive had since has been close to water (sorry tmi) with the odd normal bit included.

Now my pains are pretty ok at the moment since stuff is coming out. im tender but nothing like I have been.

But this cant be good for me?

Also is heartburn and trapped wind (making chest pains and trying not to think to much into them to stop me going into panic) all hand in hand with IBS?

What can I do to help myself here.. ive looked at trigger foods but nothing as such seems to set it off. I can eat something one day and be ill then eat at a different time and be fine?

Sorry so many questions im just trying to get some people experience rather then reading and me reading too much into something (if you know what i mean?)

Thanks for reading and again sorry for the moaning just abit fed up really

Re: This is really getting me down now

Hello lovely

I can massivly sypathise, for a year and a half i could not break the IBS cycle......

Now my anxiety is more under control my IBS is defintly a lot better - still the odd flare up but nothing like how it was before

I take meberine (colofac) for my IBS and Citalopram for my anxiety.

Do you take any meds?

I too tried to identify trigger foods to no avail, nothing seemed to trigger it.

Heartburn and trapped wind are a definate symptom of IBS - I get constipation and trapped wind mainly and it is so unconfortable - but like i say seems under control for the first time in a long time at the moment.

I dont take any meds.. dr told me to take over the counter painkillers.

Just off the phone from the drs there and hes going to see me tonight to take a look and a feel about as he thinks it will put my mind at rest.. he wasa lovely about it and hopefully will give me some meds!! will update later x

Quote Originally Posted by Jemlou View Post
    Hello lovely

I can massivly sypathise, for a year and a half i could not break the IBS cycle......

Now my anxiety is more under control my IBS is defintly a lot better - still the odd flare up but nothing like how it was before

I take meberine (colofac) for my IBS and Citalopram for my anxiety.

Do you take any meds?

I too tried to identify trigger foods to no avail, nothing seemed to trigger it.

Heartburn and trapped wind are a definate symptom of IBS - I get constipation and trapped wind mainly and it is so unconfortable - but like i say seems under control for the first time in a long time at the moment.

Hi Mardybum

I have had similar problems to you. I have found through a process of elimination that dairy upsets me but I never would have thought that before I removed it from my diet for 3 weeks and then ate one portion of dairy and waited 3 days to see what happened and sure enough I got a reaction. I have also found that colofac constipates me, it slows me down too much. The best thing if you get constipation or the runs is something like Fybogel. All it does is add bulk to your system so that you go normally. It takes 2 or 3 days to take effect but then it's wonderful, you just go normally as long as you have eliminated any intolerances. Try it, it really does help and is completely harmless.

I hope this helps you.

Fran

Dr gave me a list of stuff to head off and buy so need to do that.

Something for the cramps, something to take when ive got the runs and something to take when im bunged up

Im still pooing pretty much half an hour after eating, it was quite watery but sometimes has some substance to it (sorry if too much info? lol)

Nothing seems to upset me as such, or should I say everything seems to upset me lol,

Quote Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
    Hi Mardybum

I have had similar problems to you. I have found through a process of elimination that dairy upsets me but I never would have thought that before I removed it from my diet for 3 weeks and then ate one portion of dairy and waited 3 days to see what happened and sure enough I got a reaction. I have also found that colofac constipates me, it slows me down too much. The best thing if you get constipation or the runs is something like Fybogel. All it does is add bulk to your system so that you go normally. It takes 2 or 3 days to take effect but then it's wonderful, you just go normally as long as you have eliminated any intolerances. Try it, it really does help and is completely harmless.

I hope this helps you.

Fran

Hi

Ive had IBS for over 12 years now so can completely sympathise with you.

My anxiety makes it much worse and at the beginning of the year I had a really stressful time which made my symptoms go overboard (like you I had it coming out like water).

I found that Colpermin(peppermint oil) really helped, it calmed things down and turned things more solid!!

If you do try them they may your heartburn worse so as soon as things get better 'downstairs' i would stop (I personally find if I take colpermin for too long it stops working anyway-dont know why?)

Hope you feel better soon-take care

Thread Information