Thread: Hay fever

Hay fever

Wasnt sure where to put this post so i hope its in the right place
    Do anyone elses panic attacks get worse or more frequent during hay fever season?
    i have a pill phobia which extends even to over the counter drugs + i dont want to take anti histamines, is there anyone else who has this problem + can anyone give me any advice on what i could do do to make life a bit more bearable without taking them?

hi em
    i feel just like you i get realy bad hey fever and dont like to take anything for it my panics get much worse cos i get stressed and carnt breathe my hey fever is that bad
    mt doctor sead antihistamine are about all he can give me he told me to wash my hair every night cos the pollen gets into it i also wish there was something else for it to as histamines make my palps worse i think it is something in the pills .
    jodie xx

Have you tried the Combination H tissues salts ? I use them for hayfever. All natural so no drugs involved.

Try this http://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/alternat...er_tablets.htm

Nicola

i have had tissue salts before, i used to get given them a lot when i was a kid, but not for hayfever though. i could never qiute decide if they actually did anything or not, maybe i was too young to notice. do you find them very effective?

One year they worked for me and the next they didn't - very weird.

Perhaps give them a try - you never know eh?

Nicola

start eating your local honey,
    my husband done this last year and had no symptoms.
    We live in Hampshire so buy Hampshire honey, apparently the bees take the pollen your allergic to , then make the honey,
    you eat the honey which is suppose to desensitise you.

mirryx

Hi, I also suffer with hayfever, it's a right pain, had an awful day with it yesturday....boooo.
    Sorry I don't know of any natural remidies so i will keep an eye on this post to get some tips. Tara x

Hi there,

I sufffer with bad hayfever too, and other allergies. I hate taking medication as I'm scared of it and I'm also sensitive to it due to having ME. However I do manage to take an antihistamine tablet when needed (neo-clarityn), this one was prescribed to me by an ENT doctor, is non drowsy and I've had no side effects yet. I have had hayfever since I was about 4 but I've had the odd year where it hasn't been too bad. I find the hayfever eye drops quite good too, as I hate itchy eyes. Years ago I used to have injections and desensitisation for hayfever but that didn't really help either. I live on a farm though surrounded by trees and countryside so I have no chance with escaping hayfever Lol.
    I have tried homeopathy/tissue salts, they didn't work for me but may for some. I agree that local honey works though, one year I took local honey from janusry onewards and it really helped.

here's to a hayfever free summer - wouldn't that be nice..........

Lisa x

Thread Information