Thread: Mole removal procedure how is this done

Mole removal procedure how is this done

Im due to get wo moles removed tomorrow. Its going to be in a hospital operating theatre and Im scared to death!! I always thought this was the type of thing for the docs surgery! Does anyone know what will happen? Really hoping dont have to wear a hospital gown!!!! Also terrified one of he moles is cancer and it will have spread, the mole used to be flat but is now raised and lumpy!

Re: Mole removal procedure how is this done

Hi, Try not to worry, I had two removed last year and this was done in hospital. I was only in the room for 30 mins max and most of it was them telling what they were going to do and getting me to sign paperwork. I felt a small scratch and that was it. They basically numb the area and then cut around it and stitch skin back together. It honestly did not hurt and it healed really quickly including an awkwardly placed one under my armpit (ewww).

They send them off as standard practice to test - I think this is routine with any bits they cut off / out

There really is nothing to it - and I am a huge wuss!

love flumpkin xx

I did not need a gown by the way. One was on my arm near my elbow and the other in my armpit but I deliberately wore a really wide armed top that they were able to fold back. They put green surgical sheet over you (was just over my arm) so they can just isolate the area they are working on. Hope this helps. xx

I had a mole cut out of my leg in January. It was raised and had dark spots in it. The whole procedure was over within 20mins and that included the injection to numb the area. After sitting in the waiting room for 10mins to check it wasn't bleeding I was on my way home.

The mole was sent away and after 2 anxious weeks I had the results back and the mole was Ok. Phew!

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

Thread Information