Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thoughts or voices

thoughts or voices

hi, does any one get obsessional thoughts and worry thatthey are voices? how do you know if its inner voice and not somat else? i suffer from unwanted thoughts, went on medication and feel much better but had the thoughts alot toady. It is like i say some thing positive in my head and a voice, my voice says no, you want this to happen, etc. like ithink how much i love my loved ones and a voice says no you dont you want them to die. and things like that. Its awful! am i on my own? i have a fear of illness and death and i do worry about losing my family. I am a good person and i love my baby, partner etc and just want to protect them but these nagging thoughts are horrible. Its like im torturing my self cos im happy. i would be grateful of some one who knows where im coming from. HOW LONG DO TABlets take to kick in fully? thanks alot

apriltones

Hiya April

Firstly you are definately not alone. Even so called 'normal' people get these irrational thougts. And thats all they are..thoughts, it doesnt mean you are going to act on them.

for instance a few weeks ago I was shopping with my husband and we bought a heavy vase that he was carrying. we went up the escalator and near the top he said 'wow if i drop this over the edge it would kill someone' - my husband is as normal as you can get (for an estate agent..lol) and even he thinks weird stuff like this too!

I used to obsess about him dying and went through the fantasy as far as what would I do if he did, my morgage would be paid off, would I stay there etc. Weird huh? It used to bother me that I thought things like this but I dont so much anymore and when I do I just forget them.

Your tablets should take a month ish to kick in properly but they wont be a miracle and stop the thoughts, just make it easier and make you happier so you dont dwell on them so much.

hope this reassures you

love Sarah
    xx

thanks sarah, that does reassure me, least i not alone. thanks x

apriltones

glad to be of help

love Sarah
    xx

Thoughts not instructions.

Meg

Yep, good point Meg

they are harmless thoughts..nothing more sinister.

love Sarah
    xx

hey i get thought's and mistake them for voices need sum help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![V]

XAyeshaX

hi ayesha, i read your introduce yourself bit and thought our storys were quite similar, i emailed you to chat, did you not get it?

apriltones

Hi, not sure you'll look at this cos you wrote it some time ago but I get exactly the same. I seem to have developed an obsession with going mad (see my post in panic). It has got to the point where I too think my thoughts are voices at times.

Thoughts only thoughts .

Everyone gets them but we keep hold of them and dwell and analyse them where everybody else dismisses them very shortly afterwards.

I don't advise you tell your doctor you're hearing voices. Be specific about the thought patterns.

Thoughts only thoughts and they cannot harm you.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information