Thread: Mirtazapine & oedema

Mirtazapine & oedema

Hi everyone

Need a little advice.. I'm on 15mg of Mirtazapine & 30mg Citalopram and have felt significant improvement in the way I'm feeling. Problem is, I've recently developed quite bad swelling in my ankles and feet making them feel stiff around the ankle joint. Has anyone else had experience of this? The contraindications for mirtazapine states it's a common problem, it's not very nice though, and I really don't want to have to come off these.

Thanks, peace & wellness to everyone

Re: Mirtazapine & oedema

I'm glad you asked about this hiraani. I recently gave mirtazapine a short trial (7 days). One of the main issues I had with it was feeling bloated... it was very unpleasant. I was wondering if anyone had this side effect and did it wear off in time??

BB xx

uh, you know I forgot about that but now you mention it yes I was a proper farty pants! lol Being someone who doesn't usually do that kind of thing it became a bit of a joke in my house I can tell you!

Oops I think you've misunderstood me hiraani - what I mean't was bloated in the sense of my body feeling bloated LOL !! - nothing to do with windy pops

BB xx

Quote Originally Posted by hiraani View Post
    Hi everyone

Need a little advice.. I'm on 15mg of Mirtazapine & 30mg Citalopram and have felt significant improvement in the way I'm feeling. Problem is, I've recently developed quite bad swelling in my ankles and feet making them feel stiff around the ankle joint. Has anyone else had experience of this? The contraindications for mirtazapine states it's a common problem, it's not very nice though, and I really don't want to have to come off these.

Thanks, peace & wellness to everyone

Hi,

I think if you look back over the mirtazipine threads I posted this when I first started too as I found it a problem....the swelling that is....now you mention it I have had stiffness around the joints too....had just put it down to being over-weight and old age creeping up. The swelling should settle down. For me this med was a god send so I put up with it all!!!

Jo.x

I've been and blown my secret now for nothing, ok...what wind was that? I don't seen no wind..

thanks for that, I will wait to see if it settles down

Thread Information