Thread: Terrified about tomorrow, please help me!

Terrified about tomorrow, please help me!

I am currently suffering panic attacks followed by very high anxiety levels every day. I feel sick all the time and have diarrhoea every day, it is much worse in the mornings. I wake up panicking around 5.30am usually and that's it for much of the day then, I find it very hard to calm down even if I take a Diazepam.

I am scared to take Immodium to stop the upset tummy as I had an extremely bad abdominal pain on Saturday and an ambulance was called. I currently can hardly leave the house, my partner collects my duaghter from school and I can just about function. This all started when I began to take Citalopram which I have now stopped after 10 days as per my dr's advice.

So why am I scared about tomorrow? I have a Dr's appt at 9.20am, my worst time of day, them my partner is taking our baby son about 100 miles away to see a relative so I will have no support and will need to pick up my daughter from school no matter what. I am so terrified I cannot even think straight, I have hardly been able to calm down today.

How on earth do I cope with it all?

Re: Terrified about tomorrow, please help me!

Hi
    I'm not sure if this is possible for you, but can you take cabs to the doctors and to pick yout daughter up from school. I am agoraphobic & my son starts nursery in Sept. I have already decided that, if I am having such a bad day that I can't get the less than 5min journey to the school, I will take a cab-no matter what the cabbie thinks of me!!!!
    Do you think you may have IBS or were the stomach problems because of the pills? I only ask because it is a really common symptom of IBS, not only that you get a dodgy belly, but it is worse in the morning. Just a thought.
    Above all, remember (and I know it is easier said than done, but I shall say it anyway), anxiety really is JUST feelings....no matter how real it feels.

Good luck for tomorrow, you will be ok

It is IBS, I have had it for years. I also have a phobia of being sick, so the severe nausea is very difficult for me.

I know rationally that it's only adrenalin causing the feelings, but the fact that I can't sit still, have tingling throughout my body and an overwhelming feeling of terror just makes me lose control.

I intend to drive the 5 min journey to the drs as I don't want to walk.

Driving there is fine, it's getting there that is important. I also have a huge fear of being sick so I completely understand the struggle with the constant nausea. It has kept me indoors more times than I care to remember!!!
    Maybe do some breathing exercises. Even if it doesn't calm you down totally, it should help a bit x

Thread Information