Thread: A year on...

A year on...

Hi Guys,

Just feel the need to pop a post on here, like you do!

I've been a member of this forum for a year now and although I'm posting in 'success stories', it is the most suitable place to do so, but I wouldn't say I'm a success in the recovery road.

However, I would say that I'm managing to live with anxiety so much better now since realising that is what I have/am. There remain days when I feel consumed with anxiety...usually health related, but now realise I can work through those times and get to the other side again. I'm still on citalopram and too scared to come off them as much as I'd like to do so, but it's fine, I'm ok with that finally...anyone who's read my previous posts will know what I mean.

Finally, this time last year I was packing as I am now ready to go to a big music festival - the Pilton Party - aka Glastonbury. I realise how important it is to try and get on with your life without forever seeking the eternal cure, because by having things to look forward to can take your mind off the debilitating anxiety and make you realise life must go on and be lived....the excitement I feel right now, despite the prospect of mud is something I really wish I could bottle up and revisit whenever I like, unfortunately it's not the case, but putting things into your life that can generate excitement and pleasure periodically, makes it all worth while.

So for now I'll have fun and forget I'm an anxious person, will definitely be back because anxiety is what I am and I think I may be coming round to accept it.

But for those of you who don't and won't accept, you are probably somewhat stronger people and that's fine too!

Love to everyone. x

Re: A year on...

Happycamper, well said, and what a great attitude, have a great time at your music festival. take care xxx

Thread Information