Thread: mirtazapine orodispersible 45mg

mirtazapine orodispersible 45mg

I have been dispensed these by mistake. They dissolve on the tongue and taste of orange. They are quite revolting. They are not compatible with my other meds (lithium) which need to be swallowed whole. I thought they looked a bit odd when I picked up my prescription so I now face a visit to the pharmacy with the expectation that they will take them back. They were not on the form in a dissolvable form. Why have I been given them? I might be faced with taking them until I can see my GP on 12th July the first available appointment with her. Has anybody else had this or had meds being substituted in a different form? EJ

Re: mirtazapine orodispersible 45mg

I've had one experience with meds being dispensed wrongly and the chemist said they were unable to re-dispense without a new prescription.

My best advice would be to make sure you go to the same chemist you always use and see if they will give you enough ordinarry tabs to see you through till the 12th.

If that doesn't work then call NHS direct at a time when your surgery is closed and explain you can't get to see a dr till the 12 th. They should be able to fax a script to your chemist for you.

Thanks deepreason. I phoned the pharmacy and returned the drugs this afternoon. I wasn't sure what to do. I still have some 30mg tablets so thought about getting some 15mgs to tide me over. I felt really cross about it and inconvenienced. It is surprising what a silly little thing can do to make me angry and cross. I hadn't really addressed the problem as I have been away. I know the pharmacist and his wife so it make swapping the tablets easier. I don't think they are obliged to swap without a new prescription so I was fortunate there. I will start to double check my meds when I receive them again. EJ.

That's cool. Glad it worked out for you

Thread Information