Thread: I've really scared myself!!

I've really scared myself!!

Hi i've been a member for a few years but like some go through peaks and troughs with my HA and so i haven't posted in a while. Anyway lately my HA has really kicked in, i have been trying to calm myself and not act up to it however i think i'm on the edge as now i have so many things i'm worried about. I get a tinglng going up the back of my head which worries me and makes me think that i may have a tumour!! I also have felt a small lump on the back of my shoulder which i noticed a few months ago but thought it was a mole (which is very close to this lump) and i'm now so panicked that i have cancer i'm finding it hard to sleep and i can feel an actual panic attack coming on. The other night i was unable to sleep, then became to scared to sleep, i had an attack and had to wake my fiance so he could comfort me as i couldn't calm myself.
    I have booked a dr appt for monday but i'm tempted to ring and get an emergency one for in the morning now with this lump and mole thing in my head. I don't know what to do, i don't want to become the person who runs to the doc over every little thing like i did before. I hope someone can reassure me!!

Re: I've really scared myself!!

Hi there, like you my HA has just kicked in badly after a break of about a year. Mine started off again 2 weeks ago when I had really bad diarrehoa. Anyway are you sure that the lump is a new onw? The reason I am asking is as anyone of us who is a HA sufferer knows that we can take something innocent and blow it all out of proportion. I have a lump on the front of my right calf which I know has always been there, but if I hadn't noticed it over 20 years ago and only just noticed it now I would be in a major panic right now. That said if it is def a new lump it always best to get these things looked at, more than likely just a harmless cyst, my sister had one on her head a few weeks ago which the doc just lanced off. I know how u will not want to wait til your docs appt, I am exactly the same, do you have a NHS Walk In Centre in your area?xxx

Re: I've really scared myself!!

First things first-tingling up the back of the head is not a symptom of a brain tumour.
    As for the lump-if you noticed it a few months ago and it has not changed, it's not likely to be anything bad.
    I know how these things can scare you, I've been there myself many a time, but I hope I've reassured you enough to keep you calm until you see the doc. I'm sure she will tell you the same thing.

Thread Information