Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared

scared

2 weeks ago i found a lump on my left breast.
    Its only as big a pea.
    I know I need go and get it checked out but im scared out of my mind.
    My next door neighbour had a similiar thing and it was breast cancer.
    I cant even feel it now to see if its grown cus im scared in case it has.
    My hubby says it just feels like a small marble.
    I worry all the time about anything and everything.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Re: scared

Hi Granny Primark

I think until you see your GP you will just worry yourself sick about it. Most of these things a harmless cysts that come and go without us realising it. Only yesterday a friend of mine told me she had the same thing and her's was becoming tender - only because she was poking and prodding it all the time.

I'm sure you'll be fine - your anxiety is just heightened due to your neighbour. Now go and book your appointment!

MMx

Hi Granny,

MM is right the sooner you get it checked teh sooner you will know if its ok, often these things are harmless, I had lots of small lumps and still do, and they are perfectly harmless, but you need to have it checked just in case.

xx

You need to go hun,I went a few months ago and mine were fatty lumps.Please don't ignore it best to get it checked.

Granny P - you absolutely have to go and get it checked !

I suffer really bad HA, as you may know, but would be at the docs like a flash if i thought i had found a lump - in fact i did about 10 years ago and GP said it was fine but sent me for mammogram to put my mind at rest - it was fine but had i not gone i would probably still be tormenting myself now 10 years down the line.

Be brave and get it checked.

Macc Noodle

Hi Granny Primark
    Please go and have it checked out it might only be a small cyst
    but it is better to have it checked by your doctor
    Good Luck

Joanxx

I agree with the others..set an appointment asap. Best wishes...sending you positive vibes! Please keep us posted.

BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!

I totally know how you're feeling, I'm going through very similar myself at the mo.
    I have been clear of my health anxiety for several years but have relapsed this week because I decided to 'bite the bullet' and check my breasts. I FOUND LOADS OF DIFFERENT SIZED LUMPS. I've always had lumpy boobs and have had two lumps removed in the past, both of which were benign. (which is why I hadn't checked them for so long, i always found something to worry about) With these past lumps I tortured myself for ages, trying to ignore them and got in such a state, all for nothing.

This time, although still absolutely terrified, i went straight to my gp and got referred for a mammogram. They found a small 'density' in my left breast and I had to have an ultrasound today to confirm that it is a lymph node and nothing to worry about. Of course I'm still worried because of my HA but nothing compared to how I felt before hand.

There are sooooo many different lumps to be found occuring in our breasts and only a few are found to be sinister. If it's round like a marble it is sure to be a harmless cyst, they are so common!!!!

Don't torture yourself anymore lovie, get it checked out. Whatever happens it can be dealt with and will not be as agonising as the "not knowing". I promise!!!! xxxxx

What would you say to your daughter or friend in a similar position? See a doctor, be brave and make an appointment. It may be nothing serious.

Ive had three and all were cysts Lynne..The hospital will be able to tell you what it is when youve had a Mammogram and ultrasound .It will be dealt with all in the same appointment .Put your mind a rest and go get it sorted .You will feel better knowing ,othrwise your mind just gets carried away ,9 times out of ten its nothing serious ..Good luck !!thinking of you luv Sue xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information