Thread: Eyes & headaches

Eyes & headaches

Its hard to explain but i'll try!

Does anyone suffer with their eyes and headaches.....

Lately i've found that when i am focussing on something i get what i can only describe as a moving sensation kinda like being dizzy but not?!? Its like everything moves to left/right suddenly and as soon as i feel it i get a little panic of uh oh! if that makes sense?

Its really making me edgy and would just like to know if anyone else gets this. Had my eyes tested 3 months ago and there was a slight change in my prescription so i have new glasses but not had any problems with them - could this be eye strain from using the computer and watching tv? or is it the anxiety? (even tho i'm not anxious until this happens)

I also feel like i have a hangover type headache yet i havent had a drink in months and im drinking plenty of fluids - water and fizzy flavored water. Is this a tension headache?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated xxx

Re: Eyes & headaches

That's what I have had for 8 years but try explaining it to a doctor or anyone they don't understand glad to know someone else has exactly the same as me.

It's worse when I am sat at work at the computer or in a quiet team meeting.

Its a relief to know someone else understands!!

The closest i thing i can think of to describe it is like a little attack of vertigo but it can happen if i am laying down or standing. x

As I say it normally happens when sat at a desk on a computer it's like I am going to fall this is what started it all for me in 2003. You just cannot explain it to anyone they cannot grasp what you mean and the short anxiety it brings on makes it even worse. Only thing that stops it is changing position or walking around usually.

I'll definatly be trying the moving around to stop it, thanks x

hi both,
    I found this post as i have had the WORST weird eye sensations. Not so much dizzy but feels like everything is fuzzy round the edges and like i can't get "in the room"...it feels as though i'm not really here in the room and mostly because i just can't clear my eyes Basically it constantly feels like i've had a few glasses of wine and that my eyes are slurring and they don't seem to work together.
    I've had eye test (incl retina/glaucoma etc), CT and MRI scan and also had blood tests for anaemia, thyroid and hormone levels.
    I experienced this exact same thing in April 2009 that scared me enough into depression and then i went on citalopram for 18 months. Came off in December last year but this sensation returned in April this yr. I thought it was something returning but it's the fuzzy eyes and CONSTANT daily headaches and throbbing shooting pains in my head which have CAUSED me to become depressed (not the other way round). I am a fit, healthy and generally happy 33 yr old female (with very erratic menstrual cycle) and do not suffer anxiety or depression (other than this head-fuzz sh*t!)

Are either of you 2 on anti-depressants? I'm scared to go back on them because i had such a bad withdrawal experience last time :-(

any help/advice/support would be lush!

No I stopped taking my medication in February and yes I don't want anymore because of the problems I had getting off them. I intend to get through any problems as best I can without medication.

I have the off balance feeling.
    Does anyone know if Anti depressants help with this symptom?
    I'm on very low dose of a benzo. now.

I used to get this loads and especially at work. It seems to have calmed down now my anxiety is a bit more levelled thanks to the betablockers I am on. Famous last words..... I expect to feel it today lol

I'm getting strange eye sensation, similar to the person above, the fuzzy eyes round edges, feeling like I've had a couple of drinks, but don't touch alcohol. Also view seem more sensitive to light. ONly seems to have started since I started taking sertraline two weeks ago, however, the pills have stopped the throat and chest discomfort feelings. The doctor wants me to up the dose to 100mg, from 50, not sure what to do, don't want the eyes getting worse.
    Last edited by Dazfoxy530; 01-10-11 at 14:52.

Thread Information