Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally taken my first tablet, so scared :(

Finally taken my first tablet, so scared :(

I've taken my first tablet this morning. It's taken me two weeks to pluck up the courage. I'm currently having a panic attack :'( I'm trying to not think about what it might do to me and what effects um going to get. I hate this x

Re: Finally taken my first tablet, so scared :(

Hi,

I also have taken my first tablet today. I have been prescribed 40mg once a day to start off with as im nervous about taking new tablets. I feel ok so far, but I've not been out and about yet. My main worry is driving whilst taking them as the side effects can be dizziness and fainting. I will let you know how I have get on later today.

Sarah x

I've taken the 80mg extended release. I feel very strange. Not sure if its the anxiety as I've taken something I'm scared about or the actual tablets. Been to the docs this morning and he thinks it won't be the tabs... But I've got an awful dry mouth and a tight feeling in my throat. Trying to ignore the sensations as I know my fear will feed into it :( x

these sounds like its just anxiety (all in your head) as you have worked yourself up about taking the tabs am the same about taking new meds i get myself so worked up and it takes me weeks to even take the first tab then i feel like i get dry mouth / trembling i hate it as i no we need meds to help us but i hate taking anything am on 80mg propranolol but have been on these many years now stick with them you'll be fine x x

Mine seem to be making me feel a bit sicky. Went lightheaded whilst i was in the shower aswell. Now i'm worrying as I have to drive to tesco later. I definately worry too much! That is probably worsening the side effects. x

I woke up at 4ish then kept nodding off and waking up worrying that once the alarm went off it was tablet time! Worrying isn't good!! x

this is the second time ive used this med n never had any side effects n my fear is passing out...all your symtoms sound like panic about taking them hun x

I'm still here so hope it is just anxiety. I am experiencing loads of different anxiety symptoms - no racing heart and shaking though!! x

Hi,

I managed to drive out to Tesco earlier with no real problems. I did feel lightheaded as I was walking round, but I sometimes get that with anxiety anyway. Except this time I didnt feel like I needed to abandon the trolley and get away to a safe place when the adrenaline would kick in like I used to. I feel much better now as the dizziness seems to have worn off. This may be because tablets are wearing off a bit.

Are you feeling any better? I know its scary taking tablets for the first time. xx

I'm glad your shopping trip was a success I hate that adrenaline kick that you get whilst shopping. Been there so many times!!

I'm not sure how I feel to be honest. I feel a bit strange. A bit off balance and weary. I'm not sure if this is the tablets or just my anxiety. My heart isn't racing and I'm not shaking as normal but my stomach/heart feels weird.

Think I am far too sensitive!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information