Thread: wee problem.....ladies only

wee problem.....ladies only

I seem to be getting all sorts of stuff over the last couple of weeks, my latest being a lot of discomfort down below. It started last night straight after my shower, suddenly feeling like I needed the loo, but no wee. Since then I have an uncomfortable slight burning sensation down below and pain in my lower abdomen, and I feel like I need to pee the whole time, and when I do mange to urinate it smells quite strongly. It doesn't really burn when it comes out though and I don't have a fever. I'm gonna go docs later in case I have an infection, it just feels so horrible its upsetting me and making my anxiety go sky high again, anybody else have this and can anyone suggest any form of relief?

Re: wee problem.....ladies only

Hi

That definately sounds like an infection....Easy for me to say but try not to let it worry you too much. A few antibioics for a week and youre be ok. Make sure you finish the course though as it can easily come back and you'll be in the same boat in a few weeks.

Good luck.

M x

So I went to the doctors and described my symptoms and she said it sounds like a urine infection and she prescribed me some anti biotics, but she didn't test my urine or anything so I don't know whether to take the meds or not now!

Id take the meds. It will only get worse. You only have to described UTI symptoms and they know its an infection. Youll be fine xx

Quote Originally Posted by MVP123 View Post
    So I went to the doctors and described my symptoms and she said it sounds like a urine infection and she prescribed me some anti biotics, but she didn't test my urine or anything so I don't know whether to take the meds or not now!
    Crikey! Fancy prescribing something without a proper diagnosis, I'm really surprised, it only takes a minute or two. Having said that, it's classic symptoms for a urine infection.. take the tablets.

I agree!

Since you have been issued antibiotics, go ahead and take them but sometimes you can head them off before they get a chance to get started. As soon as you get urges to pee and it feels uncomfortable, stop drinking any caffeine and drink extra water* (don't go crazy just sip regularly). Going pee all the time will drive you crazy, it's a pain in the bum! If you get it again though and it doesn't resolve fairly quickly, head back to the doctors.

Some people say drinking cranberry juice helps them but for me personally it makes it worse.

Switch to plain cotton undies and wipe front to back. Oh and when you feel like this, try dabbing instead of wiping minimize irritation in the area e.t.c

Hope you feel better soon!

*The burning/discomfort is worse when there's nothing left to pee.
    Last edited by Klonoa; 28-06-11 at 15:14. Reason: extra info

Thread Information