Thread: Pregnant with more health anxiety's, bowel related this time.

Pregnant with more health anxiety's, bowel related this time.

Please can anyone give me some advise.
    I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of weeks have been having a few problems relating to my back and bowel.
    I'm getting very low back pain that is mainly in my buttocks, i constantly feel like i need to visit the toilet, there is so much pressure there.
    When i go to the toilet which is usually once or maybe twice a day, it's looser than usual, sorry if that's too much information.
    It's more uncomfortable when i'm standing up as i feel like i need to rush to the toilet. I've been to my doctor twice now and all he tells me to do is take paracetimol, which does nothing.
    I'm a really bad sufferer wth health anxiety and i've convinced myself that this is bowel cancer or cancer of the back/tailbone, etc. I've been googling my symptoms and as always have found that i have every symptom of cancer related problems. So i've managed to get myself in quite a state about the whole thing.
    Please can anyone advise on my problem, do you think all my problems are related to my pregnancy or do you think i should be concerned?

Re: Pregnant with more health anxiety's, bowel related this time.

Anyone?

i was really hoping someone could give me advise on my problems
    i'm at a complete loss.

Hmmm is this your first child?

It sounds like it's "just" the pregnancy, there are so many crazy things that your body is going through. Instead of looking up the cancer stuff I would look up other mothers going through the same thing, guaranteed there is going to be somebody with the same thing.

I sympathize, my child left me so sick I lost 25lbs in a couple of months, then had crazy itching and my feet were so swollen I couldn't wear any shoes lol Gotta envy those people who just waltz through like it's nothing.

If it persists I would probably go back, maybe see somebody else at the practice?

Hi, I'm also 22 weeks pregnant and suffering serious health anxiety issues myself. I too spoke to my doc a couple of days ago about loose bowel issues, low stomach pain, pressure feeling. She said that the baby doubles in weight over the next few weeks and it can cause some digestion issues, everything gets squashed and moved around?
    I know that the loose bowels, constant nausea and killer heartburn are literally turning me into a nervous wreck, but when I think back to my pregnancy 5 yrs ago, I recall feeling equally as ill and paranoid then too! Yet I've lived to tell the tale and my daughter is fine so I think both of us should try to relax ESP as our docs are not concerned. This is pregnancy no 7 for me after 5 miscarriages and a bleed this time, tenderhooks is an understatement, hope one day soon I might actually start enjoying being pregnant instead of analyzing every single feeling and convincing myself it's life threatening or serious. I drive myself crazy! Keep in touch much love B xxx

Thread Information