Thread: Heavy chest, arms, shoulders when standing up/walking around, and pulse races.. ??

Heavy chest, arms, shoulders when standing up/walking around, and pulse races.. ??

I am sorry for posting again about a similar thing but I can't work it out -has anyone had this with anxiety?? I just ventured to the kitchen (about 20 steps away) sat down, then went to the bathroom, (about 10 steps away) and I got such a weight in my chest, and my left arm weighed loads, my neck and shoulders are tight too.. I am suffering with severe anxiety right now and breathlessness just upped my dose of citalopram -I've been seen by 3 doctors in the last fortnight -all said I'm fine, -I had an ECG in the ambulance Saturday night and it was ok just very fast (obv)

This feeling has been on going and I get headaches in the morning really bad, ... anxiety?

Re: Heavy chest, arms, shoulders when standing up/walking around, and pulse races.. ?

anxiety/stress causes your muscles in your chest, arms, shoulders, back and legs to tighten a heavy chest is a common symthom of stress and anxiety. from what you are describing to me this sounds just like stress/anxiety all feelings i have experienced many times. I personally dont think its anything to be alarmed about

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Re: Heavy chest, arms, shoulders when standing up/walking around, and pulse races.. ?

Thank you again Andy. I have never felt so bad before in this way and its so hard to be convinced -especially when it's all the time, anyway I'll have to just believe it!

def anixety it is normal for you pulse to increase if you go from sitting to standing but cos your anixious you will feel it more as your subconious will be looking for it if that makes sense?

warm baths will help the aches do you do any relaxation as that will help so will arnica cooling gel and try standing slowly. ( you can tell im a pro at thiss lol ) x

Whenbi been so bad I'm identical to you all due tinny breathing patterns xx inbeat mine but spending abwhole day resting avoiding phones everything. It eased my pain gave my body vital rest and slowly it got easier xx

Thread Information