Thread: I saw GP today about breathing

I saw GP today about breathing

I went today cause I keep needing to take in a gulp of air, and have been having periods of feeling faint and sweaty over the past two days, kind of flu like. She listened to my chest and back all over and said lungs are perfect - I showed myself up by saying to her "but what about my chest?" But I am sure shes heard more paranoid questions than that lol

She said I get like this because subconsciously I am shallow breathing and the carbon dioxide is escaping my lungs quickly, so I have to do the paper bag breathing. Does anyone else get this periods of sweating and weakness? She also asked me if I had a job and when I said no, suggested I do somehting to occupy myself, I had to tell her I'm a student and have things to occupy me

Anxiety Is Evil

im like this too except painting is what i fear because of how i feel x

check out my posts on hyperventilation in this section - the over breathing that blows off the co2 and brings on so many anxiety symptoms

jos

I have been to the doctor so many times with my breathing and have actually sat that and said that I was going to stop, but of course I didn't. I like you feel the need to take a big gulp of air(I dont even know why, I can just be sitting there quietly when the need comes along. When I try, its as if I can't expand my lungs, chest to get the air in, so then of course I start panicking and getting hot and cold, shivery etc. Even today, it happened to me, I spent all day at work worrying that i was about to stop breathing and hardly got any work done. My thing is I ahve to keep eating mints or chewing gum as I feel they help, when really they just make me feel sick. Have you read any of Claire Weeke's books, she has some good suggestions about breathing and how we cannot stop ourself breathing and that even though we hamper it, with the gasping struggle our bodies will always continue to breathe. It sounds so simple just a lot harder to take on board!

Thread Information