Thread: Capsulitis: steroid injection tomorrow

Capsulitis: steroid injection tomorrow

I'm not sure whether this is the same as a 'frozen shoulder' It is incredibly painful and numb down my arm. It is in my right shoulder and I am left handed. This is common to have this condition develop in the opposite part of the body that you would normally use for writing. I have had neck and right sided head pain for over a month now and had put it down to poor seating/posture in the coach to and from Germany. I am unable to tolerate/ take most pain killers. They either make me very ill or are NSAIDS (anti inflammatories) which contra indicate the lithium that I also take. I was wondering whether anybody else had suffered with this? I know that the steroid injection might only take the edge off the pain and will only be a short term fix. I've been told not to swim. Can I drive/go back to work after the injection? EJ.

Re: Capsulitis: steroid injection tomorrow

I had the injection in my shoulder this morning and it feels tender but there seems to be a little more movement in the joint. I know it isn't a cure and I might need another injection in the next month. I have been reading up about the condition so I know that gentle exercise will help plus heat/ice and T.E.N.S. The injection was done without local anaesthetic and the pain bearable. I feel a little tired and tender now so will probably have a rest. Any sharp movement still involves excruciating pain. EJ.

I had a frozen shoulder about 18 months or so ago. I went to a cranial osteopath which helped... also to an NHS physiotherapist who gave me some exercises to do (creeping my hand gently up a wall - Google - you should find the exercises hopefully).

The shoulder gave me great cause for concern - couldn't lift my arm over my head or do up an apron behind me (I know WHO wears one these days?!!).

Pleased to say that it is now completely better - the pain and frozen part of it didn't last as long as suggested in what I read at the time.

I also do some gentle yoga stretching of the arms (10 mins on waking) every day and, although I haven't had any pain whatsoever for over a year now, think it helps me generally!

I believe adhesive capsulitis IS a frozen shoulder!

Well this is what I thought. Have you an experience of this you would like to share?

See post number 3 above! Hope that helps.

I'm sorry I am not able to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanmarbro View Post
    I had a frozen shoulder about 18 months or so ago. I went to a cranial osteopath which helped... also to an NHS physiotherapist who gave me some exercises to do (creeping my hand gently up a wall - Google - you should find the exercises hopefully).

The shoulder gave me great cause for concern - couldn't lift my arm over my head or do up an apron behind me (I know WHO wears one these days?!!).

Pleased to say that it is now completely better - the pain and frozen part of it didn't last as long as suggested in what I read at the time.

I also do some gentle yoga stretching of the arms (10 mins on waking) every day and, although I haven't had any pain whatsoever for over a year now, think it helps me generally!
    It was unpleasant at the time but was trying to convey the positivity of the fact that it did go with gentle treatment. Hope this helps.

I had no experience of the injection, though, as it was not required.

Perhaps I have posted inappropriately?

I jhave just read on the net that there might be a link with frozen shoulder and MND? Now I'm panicking and I'm not normally one to suffer from health anxiety? Does anyone know if there is a link between MND and frozen shoulder? Could it be a symptom of it? I just don't get it and it is something else to ask my GP tomorrow. My shoulder is still very painful and any type of rotation even bending down to put something away is still very painful. EJ.

I'm sure that having a frozen shoulder in isolation without any other symptoms is not a symptom of MND. Why am I torturing myself.EJ

Thread Information