Thread: Acid reflux worries

Acid reflux worries

Hi everyone. Can anyone give me any help or reassurance please. I have been suffering with acid reflux symptoms for years on and off. Last two years it has been really bad as I have suffered with severe anxiety and depression in this time. Health anxiety is my main problem and at the moment I am experiencing really bad acid symptoms. I am on omeprazole 20mg daily and i had a prescription of a different make to the normal. These didnt work well for me so I stopped taking them and tried zantac instead. My acid symptoms got really bad over the next few days with a feeling of something sitting in my throat most of the time, like it has leaked out of my stomach and is just sitting butning my oesophagus. This makes me feel nauseous and really panicky and i have now started taking omeprazole again as I cant stand these symptoms. I dont want to go back to my doctor as I know he will send me for an endoscopy and I have a phobia of vomiting so cannot have this procedure done at any cost.

Does anyone have any experience with these sort of symptoms and can it be due to anxiety that they have become worse? I recently lost my mum, who I cared for and I have been very low since, which in turn makes my anxiety worse. I wish I knew where to get some help, I feel very alone and afraid with these feelings.

Re: Acid reflux worries

Hi There
    I suffer with acid reflux and I know what you are goping through
    I also get neausea as well
    Are you on any other medication for your anxiety
    I find that if I am very anxious I get very bad acid coming right up into my mouth
    I also have a hiatus hernia as well
    I have had endoscopys done I dont like them but I was sedated and I did not remember anything.
    I was on Omprazole and I had to come of them I only take Kalanticon Gell which is for acid and you can buy that over the counter
    Do you also suffer with IBS as well.
    When mine is really playing upI can feelk the burning and that makes me more anxious and I start to go hot in my stomach do you have that as well.
    PM me if you want

Joanx

[QUOTE=joans60;847445]Hi There
    I suffer with acid reflux and I know what you are goping through
    I also get neausea as well
    Are you on any other medication for your anxiety
    I find that if I am very anxious I get very bad acid coming right up into my mouth
    I also have a hiatus hernia as well
    I have had endoscopys done I dont like them but I was sedated and I did not remember anything.
    I was on Omprazole and I had to come of them I only take Kalanticon Gell which is for acid and you can buy that over the counter
    Do you also suffer with IBS as well.
    When mine is really playing upI can feelk the burning and that makes me more anxious and I start to go hot in my stomach do you have that as well.

I am suffering with all the above and am on 20mg omeprazole etc, so your not alone x
    PM me if you want

Quote Originally Posted by jessieblue View Post
    Hi everyone. Can anyone give me any help or reassurance please. I have been suffering with acid reflux symptoms for years on and off. Last two years it has been really bad as I have suffered with severe anxiety and depression in this time. Health anxiety is my main problem and at the moment I am experiencing really bad acid symptoms. I am on omeprazole 20mg daily and i had a prescription of a different make to the normal. These didnt work well for me so I stopped taking them and tried zantac instead. My acid symptoms got really bad over the next few days with a feeling of something sitting in my throat most of the time, like it has leaked out of my stomach and is just sitting butning my oesophagus. This makes me feel nauseous and really panicky and i have now started taking omeprazole again as I cant stand these symptoms. I dont want to go back to my doctor as I know he will send me for an endoscopy and I have a phobia of vomiting so cannot have this procedure done at any cost.

Does anyone have any experience with these sort of symptoms and can it be due to anxiety that they have become worse? I recently lost my mum, who I cared for and I have been very low since, which in turn makes my anxiety worse. I wish I knew where to get some help, I feel very alone and afraid with these feelings.

I suffer with bad acid reflux at times & am also emetophobic and really hate the feeling of feeling sick or anything on bad anxious days i get bad acid then i start feeling sick etc its all one bug circle i was also on omeprazole and then stopped them when my stomach was fine but now its playing up again the worse is when i eat crisp feels like they are cutting my insides up :( i need to start taking my tabs again and soon but every morning i get up i forget then it goes on to the next day etc when do you take your omeprazole ?

Thank you for your replies everyone. I take my omeprazole first thing in the morning before i even get out of bed! If i did forget it I would soon remember as the acid would remind me. I have appointment for gastro in 2 weeks, so I guess I will have to have further tests and more anxiety. Its so hard to make any headway as anxiety leads to more symptoms and so on .... I am now really worried as I have severe constipation and also piles and a tear which is causing me to bleed a lot everytime i try to go!! Has totally freaked me out today as I feel like i have a blockage or something and the more i strain the more it bleeds! Its very scary and i am wondering if I should go to the hospital, It also makes me need to pee a lot as there is a sort of ball of concrete inside me. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thread Information