Thread: Im so confused

Im so confused

Hello, im so confused and i really dont know what to do. :(

Since coming off venlafaxine 2 months ago i have been suffering with panic attacks and anxiety.
    4 weeks ago i was bitten by an insect and it got infected, im still on antibiotics for it.
    I felt quite ill so i have hardly been out of the house, and when i do the panic attacks are horrendous.
    I'm feeling very depressed because im ill, but im not sure now hoe much is anxiety/depression and how much is symptons of my illness (if indeed i am ill...)

Im very tearful (for a 31 yr old bloke its quite embarrassing, even though i know it shouldnt be) My head is fuzzy, i cant smoke because i feel all woozy afterwards, but the nicotine withdrawel isnt helping things. I'm also having panic attacks at home now aswell.

I feel like im losing the plot, and i dont know how to figure out what is wrong with me.
    Can anxiety make you feel physically ill?
    Thanks,

Re: Im so confused

Hi Brit

I think the answer to this one is that anxiety can make you feel physically ill - our bodies get flooded with stress hormones, and if it happens for a while, it does start to have all sorts of effects.

Did you come off the venlafaxine suddenly, or taper the dose off over a period of weeks or months? If you came off it suddenly, you could well be suffering from withdrawal symptoms which can be very unpleasant. If you tapered the dose off, it sounds as though you might have come off them too soon. If I were you, I would go back to your GP and tell him/her that you're really struggling at the moment.

Re: Im so confused

Hi, I'm also on Venlafaxine. I gather that it's notoriously bad for withdrawal effects, so what you've been experiencing could well be due to that, but it sounds like you def need to go back to your GP, as it will set your mind at rest to know that it is because of the meds.

"Harry tried to push the matter to the back of his mind. Unfortunately, the back of his mind was no longer the secure place it had once been."

Thread Information