Thread: Petrified

Petrified

I decided to have my little moan today too. I meant to be going snorkelling and on the boat with somebody I’m dating this weekend but just the thought of it makes me so anxious, all I can think of is when I start panicking I will need a toilet and where will I go being stuck on a little boat , maybe if I was with somebody I know more and could feel more relaxed it wouldn’t be so bad but the thought of it makes me feel sick and my stomach is already feeling queasy , I know I should use all the techniques I’ve learned at my CBT but it’s easier sad then done. How do I keep calm? I just hate having this fear and I’m trying to stay off Citalopram at the moment.

Re: Petrified

Hi Keta

If this is a date couldn't you put this event off and go somewhere else with this person instead? Could you use an excuse and say you're feel nervous about going in the water? You are still trying to get to know this person, so you should both feel comfortable in the dates you choose. If this person has any consideration for you, they would be happy to make adjustments to the day out so that you can both enjoy it properly. Go snorkelling when you know them better would be my advice.

Tyke

Many thanks Tyke for your response, in the end i went for the snorkelling but refuse to go on the boat so we did it from a lovely beach, it was kind of my compromise with the anxiety, i didn't want to push myself too hard but have to pat myself on the back as did lots of driving around in the car while somebody else was driving and i think i coped ok with it (it's so hard to let somebody else control the situation) . So just need to keep going.....
    Keta

Hey Keta,

Just wanted to say thats such good that you managed to go today and compromise. I hope that you had a fab time, is a big achievement. I know i wouldnt be able to do it lol!

All the best
    xxxxx

compromise are great, i always try to do that with my anxiety.
    well done x

Nice one Keta, a great achievement

Tyke

Thanks guys.

Funny thing is since sunday i feel really anxious and i don't know why it's almost like i gave everything what i had in me to cope on that day and now i feel like i'm falling apart again. Never the less i'm trying not to give up

Thread Information