Thread: on bloating ...

on bloating ...

does anyone have bloating (visually) pretty much ALL of the time ? does it have to go away temporarily to be consistent with IBS ?

my gut sticks out unreasonably pretty much all day every day, it's not fat (not just fat anyway hehe), you can see where my rip cage stops as there are like grooves due to the bloating, and about 2" lower then my naval when i push on my gut it feels just like an air bed with a layer of skin on top (where there is "no" fat)

I don't have any physical symptoms (sensations of bloating/pain) either with it sometimes but my gut is ever present, doe's anyone else have similiar ?

thankyouuuuuuu
    Last edited by hello; 02-07-11 at 05:12.

Re: on bloating ...

Yes this happens to alot of people....its pretty normal especially with ibs

so it doesn't have to go down ? iv'e heard people saying otherwise ?, pretty confused now, it's better and worse on occasions but not not sticking out ?

I wish mine would go down i look pregnant 24/7 and the wind spinning around in my belly gives me constant nausea but my stomach can go down for an hour or so then the next minute its up again i have even had people ask me when am due my baby haha but i ni how you feel and its horrible x

hehe oh well, atleast women who are pregnant glow, whereas men "who are pregnant" are just plain oddities

You could be "air swallowing" which causes bloating

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You could be "air swallowing" which causes bloating
    i can't help it, "air" just tastes so goddamn nice

Hi Hello

I used to suffer badly with this. It was all part of the symptoms before I had my breakdown. Not saying you will have a breakdown or something. I used to use windeze or something like that from the chemists. Since then I have become mainly vegetarian and even though you would think veg would give you oodles of wind it doesn't for me. Its all about finding what makes you feel bloated. For me eating Meat was a daily occurrence. I now eat smaller meals and more often and they are of a much better quality. I started eating fish recently which has had no bad effects. Bread, Milk do cause the odd bloating episode though.

Try playing with your diet. I bet you can identify food that makes you feel better.

Also I agree with Nicola, I used to gulp air in between talking. One of my other symptoms of increased anxiety was talking fast and hence not having enough time to breathe properly so I used to gulp air in between sentences. This used to give me the burps and I am sure added to the already bloated feeling.

Take Care

Mee

Thread Information