Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mirt working quickly then anxiety returning?

Re: Mirt working quickly then anxiety returning?

I only took 7.5mg instead my usual 15 last night. Today I am less anxious. We're all different - I think that mirt can cause extra anxiety in some
    individuals. The anxiety it gives me is unlike my own - a jittery feeling, a bit like the next day rebound effect of having taken a sleeping pill or tranquilizer.. a feeling of fight or flight going on regardless of circumstances. I'm really not sure what I want to do from here - whether to continue or just come off them. I'm pondering whether to increase the dose to 30mg - but afraid that will give me double the anxiety.

My doctor has suggested this drug to me as the last three made me crazy (short explanation). I thought it was a tricyclic but she said "mmm not really". She told me to look it up and tell her next week if I'd like to try it.

This is the first thread I've read, it's been interesting seeing people start off and carry on.

Rocklover: did you always have IBS symptoms and the drug made it worse? I'm not suffering at the moment but I wouldn't want it to bring it back.

I have more to read but it sounds like from this thread that if it's going to work it's going to take a long time and I don't have several months to spend. It's time sensitive for me. I don't mind the idea of waking up early, I've been doing that anyway ever since I moved. Less sleep is good for me but I don't want to wake up in a panic as of course noone would.

I'm not sold on it yet I'm afraid but still interested in hearing about it, I have just under a week to think about it.

No I had the ibs, nausea before I started the Mirt, the morning panics were kick started by a horrid 9 days on Citalopram (which I was fine on 2 years ago) before I changed to the Mirt and I cannot seem to get rid of them.

I am not sure the anxiety I have now has been made worse by the Mirt, I think the anxiety is increasing because I cannot get rid of the morning panics and it is getting me more depressed.

I am nervous about starting 30mg, but my partner thinks I should just do it and see what happens because the more I think about it, the more scared and anxious I'll get.

If you're really nervous about taking 30mg rocklover - how about going up incrementally? For instance split the other 15mg in half - you'll then be on 22.5mg. Someone who has done this told me about it this evening - apparently a lot of people titrate up more gently this way. Just a suggestion (I should take my own advice).

Belle x
    Last edited by Belleblue; 20-07-11 at 21:10. Reason: more text

I'm starting to wonder if I might need to try another med. I have read so many posts on here and most people who the Mirt works for seem to notice positive effects by 4 weeks and I haven't. Really not sure what to do, in fact I feel I'm getting worse again.

I was on Mirt for a short time ..My experience was like yours .By the 4th week I felt my anx was getting really bad .Panic attacks every morning and bouts of severe anx and agitation throughout the day .I also had feelings of suicide .Looking back I wish id tried to stick it out .I was then put on Cit and had to go through it all again ,but it was worse in a lot of ways .Id try to up the dose like the previous poster says if I were you .See how you feel in a week ,if you are ok ,up it again ..Take care and good LUCK .luv Sue xx
    Last edited by suzy-sue; 21-07-11 at 00:30.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    I was on Mirt for a short time ..My exerience was like yours .By the 4th week I felt my anx was getting really bad .Panic attacks every morning and bouts of severe anx and agitation throughout the day .I also had feelings of suicide .Looking back I wish id tried to stick it out .I was then put on Cit and had to go through it all again ,but it was worse in a lot of ways .Id try to up the dose like the previous poster says if I were you .See how you feel in a week ,if you are ok ,up it again ..Take care and good LUCK .luv Sue xx
    Thanks Suzy, you've reassured me somewhat, I thought I was the only one who felt like this on the Mirt. When I took Citalopram 2 years ago I didn't really start getting better for around 2.5 months and the side effects took even longer to wear off. I'm wondering if it could be the same with this medication.

I am going to up the dose, but I will do it at the weekend when my partner is around just in case I have any problems, at least he will be able to take charge of the kids for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rocklover View Post
    No I had the ibs, nausea before I started the Mirt, the morning panics were kick started by a horrid 9 days on Citalopram (which I was fine on 2 years ago) before I changed to the Mirt and I cannot seem to get rid of them.

I am not sure the anxiety I have now has been made worse by the Mirt, I think the anxiety is increasing because I cannot get rid of the morning panics and it is getting me more depressed.

I am nervous about starting 30mg, but my partner thinks I should just do it and see what happens because the more I think about it, the more scared and anxious I'll get.
    Citalopram seems to hate everyone the 2nd tiime round doesn't it, I had a psychotic breakdown and stupidly/cleverly? took a not really dangerous drug to knock myself out as I was NEVER asleep and was kicked out of my girlfriend's flat by her stepdad and put on a coach for 4 hours where I thought everyone on there was there to make sure I stayed there, and kept thinking the same man was following me through train stations. Doctors told me to stay on it the ****ers and that "sleep will come" which is did eventually after 4 nights. At one point I thought I was dead and just in some middle ground waiting for the next stage.

These meds instead of not working for long seem to have horrrible reactions in me now, not just for the first few weeks, so I'm afraid of the same.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, this is not about me!

I suggest try upping the dose, I did this with Effexor years ago from 75mg to 150mg and it made the world of difference. Yes I had side effects like waking up in a sweat in the mornings but I liked the reason to get up. Anything that gets me up is a good thing.

Im sorry you're dealing with morning panics, that must be horrible. I would just not go to bed in the first place I think (and haven't) but if the pill makes you so sleepy you have no choice.

I think mirtazapines beneficial effects on anxiety are lost when tolerance builds to the sedation! You'll find prolonged relief from an SSRI in the long term perhaps with Mirtazapine for sleep and the initial activation from SSRI use. I currently take Mirtazapine and Sertraline. hope this helps

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information