Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirt working quickly then anxiety returning?

Re: Mirt working quickly then anxiety returning?

Thanks Ingenious, believe me most of the time I feel nothing like a fighter, but I love my wonderful little family and so I won't give in to this horrible illness.

It's so annoying, but every time someone says something nice to me, I burst into tears. Bloody anxiety!!!! I really am looking at this in a one day at a time scenario, if I have a bad day I will just have to let it go then get on with the next 24 hours. It's all I can do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rocklover View Post
    Thanks Mono, I am trying to just take each day as it comes, but today has been awful. I had a dentist appt to meet the new dentist and for her to look at my tooth that needs a root canal, I got myself into such a state that I have been in a massive panic attack for much of the day.

The good thing is I told the dentist about my anxiety caused by my postnatal depression and she said even though a small part of the the tooth has come away, the temporary filling is holding up well and I can leave it until I am feeling better to have the work done. That is one weight off my mind.

But I have had to ask my partner to pick up my daughter from school as I am still in panic mode now, so I feel like I have failed a bit.

I am determined to get through this, I have beaten anxiety once before and I intend to do it again even though it is more severe than last time. I can't wait for the Mirt to start working.
    Sounds like you're having a time of it! But all of these things always feel much worse when suffering with anxiety and depression.

I was really bad back in April but feel a lot better now. With time, you will be feeling fine too.

Best of luck with everything, hope tomorrow is better than today for you.

Well this morning I woke feeling very panicky, although managed to feed the baby and get my daughter ready for school (my fiance drops her off as it is on his way to work). Today will be day 12 (I miscounted the other day) of taking Mirt and I can't wait to get to the 4 week mark. I didn't sleep very well, which has worried me a little as I was sleeping like a log before.

I feel sick and have tummy pains as per usual and I find these hard to deal with due to my fear of being sick, so I try to eat little and often throughout the day. A few weeks ago I could not even sit and look at the laptop until at least lunch time/late afternoon, so I guess I must be calmer than I was before the Mirt, my partner thinks I am, but inside I feel dreadful for alot of each day.

I am really having to drag myself through each 30 minutes to get by, really hope I start to feel better soon...I'm even scared of having a shower (I do though lol, I refuse to let myself go). Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hi rocklover, sorry you're having a tough time at the moment
    I was just wondering if you had been tested for the h.pylori bug as this causes dreadful tummy pains (usually mid-abdomen) and is quite common. I had it years ago and was successfully treated with no recurrence of the problem.

What time do you take the mirt? Some folks have mentioned on here that they fall asleep within 30mins of taking it and others have reported that as time has gone on it can take a couple of hours before they hit the sleep wall - which would mean taking the med a couple of hours before bed-time. Maybe you just need to tweak the time you take it.

I take it at about 9.30pm and for the first 2-3 days I was asleep within an hour. Now I can go a good 2 hours before my head starts getting heavy.

My problem last night was that I was in a very light sleep and kept tossing and turning all night, although I did get a decent number of hours of sleep, just not all together. Luckily I didn't have to get up (apart from for the loo) and try to get myself back to sleep, it was just very fitful.

I managed to reduce my panic within a couple of hours this morning, so was pleased about that, I managed to go into town to get my Mum a birthday card and then out again to collect my daughter from school. I still feel "on edge", but I hope to avoid having a full on attack today.

Day 13 today...unlucky for me maybe as I feel dreadful. Had the most horrendous ibs tummy upset this morning, tummy still churning now and feeling sick, I'm on the edge of panic, but not had a full blown attack yet.

I just want to feel better, I don't want to feel this horrible every day :(. Yesterday wasn't too bad in the end, but I am still really struggling in the mornings. I'm supposed to be taking my daughter up to Oxfordshire tomorrow on the train, I just don't feel up to it, but I know her dad (who she is supposed to visit) will be pretty annoyed even though I have explained that I have postnatal depression.

I am also supposed to attend an assembly at the school that my daughter's class are doing, not even sure I'll be able to make that. Feel like a terrible mother, really want the Mirt to kick in soon, I'm terrified it won't work!

Hiya,

Please dont feel like that...you are a good mum...its just something that you are going through that cannot be helped.

Its very hard when feeling like this to do the things that we normally do.

Its early days for you yet with the mirtazipine as it can take some time to start to make you feel better, but it will work, you'll see, hang on in there and just do what you have to do and you will soon feel alot better.

Is there anyone that could go with you when you see your daughters teacher for some support?? or perhaps arrange a time when you do feel up to it?

I hope you feel better soon, not nice what we have to go through but it will improve.

Take care
    Jo.x

I have been back on mirtazapine for 7 days now with no ill effect until this afternoon. I had something to do which would cause me some anxiety anyway, but my anxiety went through the roof!!! When this difficult meeting was over I looked at myself in the mirror and I was bright red - I looked flustered and a nervous wreck. I'm beating myself up because I know my anxiety must have been obvious to the person I had the meeting with, I feel such an idiot I haven't had panic to that degree for a very long time. Severe anxiety and minor panic yes - but waaay out there heart-thumping panic no.
    I do hope this will go in time and that I won't experience it as a permanent feature whilst taking this med.

Thanks JT69 for your kind words. Belle, even though I am panicky, my anxiety is definitely getting less than it was so I'm pretty sure my panic attacks are not caused by the Mirt, they started again because of high anx levels and taking Citalopram.

It does list anxiety as an initial side effect of this med (of all the meds if you read all their booklets), so I'm pretty sure it will die down for you in time.

Having a horrid day today, hardly slept despite the Mirt and felt awful this morning. IBS and nausea as usual and panic as a result of feeling poorly, really have had enough. So scared this med is not going to help me, it will be tablet 14 tonight so halfway through the pack, will have to order some more next week.

Sick to death of panic ruining my life, I just want to go back to normal. Hope everyone else is having a better day than me. :(

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information