Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirt working quickly then anxiety returning?

Re: Mirt working quickly then anxiety returning?

Sorry to hear this rocklover. I was wondering if your GP could prescribe a low dose diazepam until the mirt starts working properly, say a two week prescription. If you don't feel any better by Mon/Tues perhaps you could have a quick word with him about how you're feeling.

It's still early days - so hang on in there for a while. Stay close and keep posting.

I had blind panic for a while yesterday, but am fine today thank goodness.

Belle xx

I have Diazepam 2mg, I just don't want to rely on them so only take them in absolute emergencies.

I am thinking of changing my diet to combat my bad stomach, I think cutting out wheat might help. Think I need to do some shopping later if I feel up to it, still feeling awful and in panic mode.

Hi rocklover,

Sorry you having such an awful day!!! It will get better honest it will, just seems like it never will when you are going through it. We have and still go through it at times and know how you feel.

Better days ahead I hope for you.

Take care
    Jo.x

Quote Originally Posted by JT69 View Post
    Hi rocklover,

Sorry you having such an awful day!!! It will get better honest it will, just seems like it never will when you are going through it. We have and still go through it at times and know how you feel.

Better days ahead I hope for you.

Take care
    Jo.x

Thanks JT, I did an over the phone assessment with the local depression and anxiety people (I was referred by my dr) and I scored very highly for both depression and anxiety. I have never really suffered with depression before, just the anx, so I was a little upset with the results. The lady was lovely and she's going to phone back next Thursday to tell me what course of treatment they will recommend for me.

As well as having panic due to going to my daughter's assembly I am obsessively worrying about my teeth again, which is also panicking me, I know I need my root canal finished, but I'm just not able at the moment. Now my teeth on the other side are hurting, even though an x-ray last month showed up nothing, yet still I worry and panic.

My brain just can't seem to quieten down ever. I really hope this illness will get better as I can't go on like this forever.

Hi Rocklover, Sorry you're feeling so bad. Like Jo said it will get better.I have been taking Mirtazapine for many years and it was a life saver for me. it was so long ago since I started them that I don't remember how long it took to see a marked improvement but stick with it and I'm sure it will help. I am tapering off them now . I was on 45mg for years , then down to 30mg for 2 months and have now been on 15mg for 4 weeks. will stay at this dose for a few months on doctor's instructions and hope to come off eventually. Have been waiting for CBT for over a year now to help with the anxiety but Mirt has definitely sorted my depression out. I wish you well Rocklover and hopeit won't be too much longer till you feel better.

Thanks Maureen for your kind words. I am starting to get that nervous panicky feeling as bedtime gets nearer, my tummy feels out of sorts (not unusual), but at the moment I just can't deal with it.

My emetophobia kicks in and I begin to panic about being ill, the trouble is I can't tell whether the anxiety is making me feel ill or if the feeling ill is causing the anxiety, it's a vicious circle.

Had a good nights sleep thanks God, but still feel dreadful this morning, tummy upset and severe nausea as always. I'm beginning to think that I have some horrible disease as I feel that ill. Is it normal to feel so ill with anxiety every day?

The dr hasn't offered me any tests even though I have told her about my tummy upsets and terrible nausea, so she can't be that worried right? I don't know what to do about it, if I didn't feel so ill every morning I'd be able to cope much better with the anxiety.

Rocklover, I had terrible upset stomachs for the first 2 weeks on Mirtaz but it went away.

Always remember, these drugs are not quick fixes, it's a long term solution which needs a little patience. I get bad days and sometimes wonder if the drugs do anything but I'm still early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Monostich View Post
    Rocklover, I had terrible upset stomachs for the first 2 weeks on Mirtaz but it went away.

Always remember, these drugs are not quick fixes, it's a long term solution which needs a little patience. I get bad days and sometimes wonder if the drugs do anything but I'm still early days.
    Hi tanks Mono, to be honest I am beginning to wonder if the Mirt is having an effect on my tummy. Thing is I have IBS which has been awful since my anx really kicked in and is much worse in the morning, so it is difficult to tell what is the med and what is IBS. When I wake up I feel dreadfully sick and have to visit the loo a few times because of a dodgy tummy and I have a constant dull pain in my upper tummy (am taking Omeprazole for this).

I had these morning symptoms before the Mirt, but I'm wondering if it's just making things worse. I suppose it doesn't matter really as I am going to continue taking them and push through how awful I feel every morning, I dread getting up! It's tablet 16 for me tonight, so I guess I'm getting closer to the med working on me, I bloody hope it does! How long did it take for it to kick in for you?

Rocklover, you can read all about my story in the "Do you drink alcohol and take Mirt?" thread I made last night

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information