Thread: drowsiness

drowsiness

Started on citalopram 11 days ago and feeling very sleepy practically all the time, apart from about 4am when I seem to be wide awake and more restless and anxious. My Dr doesn't think its the meds. I want to carry on she wants me to change the meds. Has anyone experienced the same thing? She also signed me off work for two weeks to 'give me time to pull myself together'

Re: drowsiness

Wow that's a very charming doctor you have.

I'm on another SSRI but it has done the same thing to my sleep. I've been up since before 5 this morning, fun times but I've been so tired during the day I'm hardly getting anything done at home.

I've been on mine for a month, it also gave me a spike in anxiety for a while but that is settling down now. If you feel the anxiety is worse after a month is up (when they should have good time to get into your system) it may be time to change to something else.

Hi

Im on day 8 of citalopram & I feel exactly the same! I went to see my doctor this morning & she said its completely normal at this stage, Im sure other people on here have said the same aswell.

Like Klonoa has said youre best off giving it a month before changing. I was on fluoxetine for a month before switching to citalopram - it does take time to tell if its helping. Have you noticed any improvements during the day at all? x

Well i've stopped crying all the time and managed to go out to a supermarket yesterday which is quite a big deal for me. I do feel a bit more engaged with my family when i'm awake that is. Have been on citalopram years ago but I managed to conveniently forget all the side effects. Will persevere. Its good to know there are other people in the same boat x

Thread Information