Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i banged my head again...

i banged my head again...

had an accident with a friend yesterday which caused my hairdryer to fling on my head fast and hit it. also last night going up to the bunk twice in the middle of the night tapped the bun i had on the top of my head lightly... panicking. my biggest fear is hemmorage. :\

Re: i banged my head again...

i have to go to college in about 40 mins and im scared out my mind. im hot, feel funny and sick :(

There is nothing wrong, just think there are thousands of people that hit there head harder and nothing happens. Think about boxers and fighting people, they get hit most days and they havn't had a hemmorage. Just try and calm down and relax x

I think you're fine. You're feeling hot and sick because of the anxiety. I bang my head all the time and haven't had anything serious happen yet.

Sure you are just fine Em.ma.

I have banged my head off things loads of times. A few years ago I whacked my head on a golf cart (of all things) as I misjudged how low down it was when getting into it. I seriously thought I had concussed myself and had a massive lump and bruise on my forehead.

I was less worried about the injury than I was saying the 'f word' very loudly in front of the driver when I did it! Mortified.

Your symptoms were probably just anxiety related hun so worry ye not.

xxxx

hi. thanks for all the reaurrance. however i also just got a sore feeling on top of my head were i tapped it once.

I think you would probably know if it was that bad. In fact you probably would have gotten knocked out, no?

thanks. i was on train today and it was wobbling everywere. i dont think i hit my head but one side of my neck and arm is area is killing me. it hurts so much. also was just using hair straigtnhers to curl hair and i can feel were it tugged on a whole lot to hard. i can also taste sick in my mouth. i feel ill.

Hi again Em.ma,

You are definitely ok. Two days after the injury without any main head injury symptoms or deterioration means you are fine.

4 hours post injury is the guideline to watch for sickness, dizziness, drowsiness which are signs of pressure inside the skull, ie. bleeding.At work, after 4 hours we would let people home if they didn't exhibit any of these things.

You will be aching as you had an accident, so I assume you knocked yourself about a bit.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.xx

thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information