Thread: Bladder problem?......still there :-((

Bladder problem?......still there :-((

Well I've had this bladder pressure and constant need to pee for nearly 2 weeks now. I have had 2 tests for UTI's but both negative, a different doc done sent my urine sample off to the lab on Friday and will get results later today. Every morning I wake up now praying that its gone away but its stiull there. The reason I put a question mark after bladder problem in the title is now I'm actually wondering whether its actually nothing to do with my bladder, but something in there pressing on my bladder causing all the problems, I don't want any more tests though cause I get so scared waiting for the results :-(

Re: Bladder problem?......still there :-((

Hi I had same bladder problem a few years ago drove me mad, had tests and in the end was told by bladder was inflamed and stress was making it worse , it took a while but did settle in the end hope this helps take care

Thanks for your speedy reply Simi, can I just ask how your inflamed bladder was finally diagnosed? I'm just curious if the urine samples that get sent off to the lab give the doctor more of an idea of what's going on rather than the quick dipstick tests they do at the GP's while u wait? X

Hi sample went to lab came back in two days, but I was in France at the time so maybe they were a bit quicker, try not to worry I know its not easy but Im sure you will be fine x

Hi there

Did you try the exercise I suggested in reply to your post "How long can this last?" under Female Personal Issues?

This all sounds v similar to a problem I have been having for a while now.

Donna

Hi Donna, I did try the exercise, but it did make me want to go to the toilet more lol. But I will be trying again today, as at this point I will try anything. Yesterday I was actually thinking I was having a good day until I had some cranberry juice last night and then started feeling uncomfortable down there again. And I thought cranberry juice was supposed to help. Go figure! Anyway gotta ring the doc at lunchtime to see if my urine results are back from the lab, hopefully it is some kind of infection so it can be treated properly xxx

Hi there sorry to hear ur still having bladder problems, I thought that cranberry juice would help me, but it didn't in fact it made it worse!! I suppose if I'd had a UTI it might have helped me. As I have been diagnosed with over active bladder, cranberry juice just aggravates it. I switched to apple juice to drink or apple/pear, so no acidic fruit juices, no tea :( I can drink a very milky coffee though, but that's it, and no caffeine drinks. If anything at all, ur doctor will refer u to a urologist if the symptoms persist, and he/she will look in ur bladder (ur put out for this or request it) and check it out, I had this done, and it was OK puts ur worries at rest. I've had Over-active bladder now for 3 years and its all manageable.

Hi Girl Interrupted, thanx for your reply, its a shame about the cranberry juice making it worse, cause I had never tried it before and I really like it lol. Anyway depending on my results from the doc today I may ask him about referring me to an urologist, but he will probably say to give it some more time until my anti depressants kick in cause I think he's convinced it is all down to my anxiety, I hope he's right xxx

Well that was a bleeding waste of time, there wasn't enough urine in my sample for a proper analysis so I have got to go do another one and will have to wait now til next Monday for the results :-(

Hi again

Please keep trying the exercise and stay away from anything acidic for a while if you can. This sounds so like the problem I had (still do, but it's not too bad now). Stress makes mine worse too.

I went thru' a real bad time thinking I had all sorts wrong and I wouldn't want anyone else to worry like I did.

Let me know how it goes.

Donna

Thread Information