Thread: is this the 'norm'

is this the 'norm'

Hi everyone.Hope you're all feeling ok this evening :-)

been trying to keep myself active over the last week as had my meds upped to 40 mg the other week as had massive loopey moment,already bleeted on about that a few times so won;t bore you all.
    The side effects have been pretty damn awful and really hard to keep under wraps.
    I have been waiting for my councelling session to start and will then feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Anyways my point is 40mg seems a high dose after comparing what others have said they are on,do you think? I don't plan on staying on this amount for long as it worries me a bit but has anyone else been prescribed 40 and is it hard to wean back down to a lower level?
    xx

Re: is this the 'norm'

Last time I was treated for depression I was on 40mg for at least 6 - 12 months or so. I came down off it very slowly, no problems at all.

I've been on 20mg this time for just over a month, in another month maybe if things could be improved I'll look at getting it upped again.

My husband's cousin is on a different medication, when they upped hers, she went through many of her first side effects again. So try not to read too much into any ups and downs you're feeling in the mean time and be kind to yourself in terms of getting things done. You're probably not going to be as productive as you would like while it settles down.

Hope it does the job and you feel better soon

Thread Information