Thread: Kalms for anxiety?

Kalms for anxiety?

I'm the most anxious person in world (well thats what it feels like), trying to spend time with my own family (let alone anyone else) is a nightmare, just thinking about it brings on a panic attack.

I've always been frightend of medication after the terrible side affects I felt when I was put on them 10 years ago, i need something to help with my social anxiety, would Kalms help with this?

My grandma swears by them, she has anxiety about going to town on her own but now she takes 1 or 2 kalms and manages to get there on the bus alone.

I've read different things about them so hoping to get some new opinions.

Thank you x

Re: Kalms for anxiety?

yes put up with the side effects and then laugh at how silly u were back then for not taking them and how you've improved so much since then.

My doc recommended these to me. Did you take them? I'm off to the chemists now.

They gave me awful tummy pain when I took them, I could only have 2 over 2 nights and then had to stop. Tummy pain is one of the only side effects.

A mix of beta blockers, counselling, exercise and eatimg well helped me to beat anxiety.

I took both Kalms and Quiet Life tablets when I was feeling partcularly anxious! Worked at the time but seemed that when effects wore off I was more anxious than before :(

Hope they work for you xcx

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel B View Post
    They gave me awful tummy pain when I took them, I could only have 2 over 2 nights and then had to stop. Tummy pain is one of the only side effects.

A mix of beta blockers, counselling, exercise and eatimg well helped me to beat anxiety.
    Hi Hazel B,

I had been taking Cipralex/Lexapro. I weaned down and have been completely off for 5 months.

About 2 weeks ago, my heart started racing 120-150 bpm (similar to what I've read you mention on another post). I don't want to go on another SSRI, so they have given me Propranolol 4 x 20mg.

I was wondering about the exercise you mentioned in your post? What sort of exercise? Regular walking? Or a bit more vigorous?

Any advice appreciated

Hi. I have just started Kalms. Took 2 last night and 2 this morning. Its early days yet but I was wondering if anyone found that they make you light headed. To be honest I had a bit of a dizzy turn yesterday before I even started them but it doesnt say on the leaflet that this is one of them and I dont want to give up just yet. Maybe, hopefully, its because I am starting to calm down ever so slightly anyway after being highly anxious for a week and having not had very much to eat.

Thread Information