Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep & Mirtazapine

Sleep & Mirtazapine

Hi all - I've been on Mirtazapine 16 days now and am currently finding that I am sleeping fitfully for most of the night. I don't have any problems going back to sleep though. Then after 6am I seem to go into a deeper sleep and find it difficult to get up at 7.30ish.
    I take the mirt at 9.30pm and don't feel groggy until around 11.45pm. I seem to be pushing the time I take it further back into the evening. I will try it tonight at 9pm and see how I get on.

I was wondering what the sleep patterns of other mirt users are and if anyone experiences the same pattern as mine.

Belle x

Re: Sleep & Mirtazapine

Hi Belle,

I take mine around 9pm (I have to get up at 5.30 am for work) and have crashed by 9.30 usually. I rarely wake during the night but find it difficult to get up (I know its early) even after having 8hrs sleep!!! I am currently on 7.5mg but the sleep pattern has remained the same for me whatever dose I have taken.

Not sure that helps you but thought I would share anyway.

Glad you sticking it out.

Jo.x

Hi there

I am on 30mg and after taking it I can be a bit restless for an hour or two and then zonk out. I am also like you and in a deep sleep when it is time to get up!! useful!!

Take it earlier if possible and then the deep sleep will be more during the night!

Take care

Hi

I used to be on Mirt and took it at 9pm. At first I was zonked within 20 mins but after a while, it was about 45 mins to an hour. I always struggled to get up though, even at 8am. That never went away i'm afraid. Mirt didn't really work for my anxiety, it was a great aid for sleep. I also put on a little weight.

x

I get quite sleepy about 3 hours after taking mine (15mg), and take it between 8pm and 10pm depending on when I think I'll want to sleep, or whether I remember to take it!! I have awful problems getting up in the morning, but this was always the case. I frequently nap in the afternoon too, given the chance - again this has always been the case.

Thanks for the replies folks. It's interesting that for some the sedative effect kicks in within half an hour and with others it can be two to three hours.

I took the mirt last night at 9pm and fell asleep around 11.30pm and had a better night. Still difficult to get out of bed this morning - but that seems to be a common thing with everyone so I just accept it.

Belle x

I take mine at 9.30pm and generally start feeling really drowsy by about 11ish. I can drop off easily enough, but I do often wake up in the night and sleep fitfully after that. I never find it hard to get up as I have my panics in the mornings and that's when my stomach goes mental so i have to get up.

I never sleep during the day and don't find I'm that tired during the day either, I think this is because I'm so keyed up with panic and anxiety most of the time.

It's tablet 20 tonight, so I'm over half way to the 4 week stage. I am still feeling panicky alot and I'm really scared Mirt just isn't going to work for me. Does anyone remember when they started to notice a difference in their anxiety?

I am doing more things, but can't do stuff without very high anxiety levels and I can very rarely relax.

Took Mirt at 9pm last night, felt like a dead weight at around 11pm - but didn't sleep until around 2am. I've noticed I'm getting a bit of restless leg syndrome too.

Hi, reading this I'm glad I didn't start on the Mirtazapine! I've withdrawn fully from the venlafaxine, and life is sooo tough, but I think I need to give myself a chance to cope without the meds... good luck to you all though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information