Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do I cope

Hello

I had a pritty good day yesterday so my wife and I went outside into the yard and did some gardening Which was well overdue.To start with my anxioty was pritty high but once we got stuck into the work it went down a bit.It had been so long since I had been out in the sun that I got sudburnt and my mussles were so saw.

Today I woke feeling really down and spent most of the day in bed asleep,neally 6 hours in total I can,t beleve what a diference a day makes.

Meg I think I have been on the meds for about 4-6 weeks not quite sure how long it seems to long to me.And I only started to feel real down since I have been on them.

I have been going back through some of the posts people have posted to me and I can,t put into words how greatfull I am to you all for your support and words of wisdom THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH

BRILL.

Never give up
    Never give in
    Life,s to short
    Make it last
    Brill

It is well documented that you may get worse before you get better with SSRI's.

However, that is usually about 4-6 weeks, so if nothing changes soon , it may be that that med does not suit you.

Pleased to hear about yesterdays gardening.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We're afraid."
    "Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We will fall!"
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Hi Brill!
    Well done with the gardening yesterday. I was / am always amazed at what a difference a day makes too, sometimes wondered if the good days were worth it - because they felt like a hoax! However, I have learned differently, thank goodness, and found that they stack up into more good than bad days in the end.

If it helps, when I took anti depressants, the thing that seemed to make me worse was that even if I tried to do something, which we know helps this lot, I was just too 'spaced' and tired because of the meds. this in turn made me feel even worse because, even if I wanted to do something, the lethargy was horrendous. I echo what Meg has said - it does usually take about 4-6 weeks before the benefits start to show, maybe you are almost there and the day in the garden, although tough for you, was the first sign. If that doesn't improve over the next week or so, ask about getting them changed.

Good lad for doing what you could! Remember yesterday rather than today eh?

Take care

Red
    x

Thanks guys.

And red I coulden,t put it into better words myself that is exactly how I have felt since I started on these meds.I just don,t have the get up and go to do anything,and it is causing a great strain on my marrage because sharon is accusing me of being lazy which I know I,m not I just don,t have the energy to do anything.I tryed ringing my doc again today but he wont be in untill thursday.I feel that if the meds don,t start to work soon I,m just going to through them out the window. lol. No amout of wellness is worth losing my marrage over.And it would distroy me if I was to lose sharon and thomas.

Thankyou all BRILL.

Never give up
    Never give in
    Life,s to short
    Make it last
    Brill

Hi all

Just a quick message to let you all know that I am still around and doing a lot better with my mood.The anti d's do seem to be a huge help,it took about 6-8 weeks before the side affects became almose bearable and I am now able to function quite well with my moods.

I am sad to say although I feel a sence of wellness,my agoraphobia has become cronic (my doctors words)I don't leave the house I don't talk to people on the phone I don't even visit the chat room any more because of the fear of upsetting people but I am very happy with my life and one of the benifits of not going out is not having to endure the horific side affects of doing so.I know it sounds horrible but I am happy staying home.

Latley I have been so terrafied of death and what happens when you die that I have been trying to avoid anything that could kill me this includes things with live electricity to the simple things like food in the fridge that has been there for a few days.I don't know why this is happenning but it has got my doctor confused as well.I know I am doing it but when it comes time to use the toaster or have last nights pizza I become worried about death and that this could kill me.My doctor seems to think that this goes back to the ptsd and the night I was held hostage and now I want total control over my life.The mind is a very powerfull thing hay.

Any way must go,So will say bye for now and I am so sorry it has been a whyle May God bless you all BRILL.

Never give up
    Never give in
    Life,s to short
    Make it last
    Brill

Hiya Brill,

Nice to see you back again.

I agree with your doctor, cos I'm exactly the same, needing to be in control of everything that happens in life.

Whether it be my life or that of my loved ones, I hate feeling that I can't control the outcome.

Death, of course, being the ultimate fear as you feel that you have absolutely no control over that one.

I would say you are avoiding the things you think could cause you to die,therefore giving you back some sort of control.

As you say, the mind IS a very powerful thing!

Take care

Kate x

Thanks Kate

It's nice to be back in a place where people understand and don't look upon me as being a mad nutter.And they can relate to my problems
    THANKYOU BRILL....

Never give up
    Never give in
    Life,s to short
    Make it last
    Brill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information