Thread: Emetophobia, has anyone beaten it?

Emetophobia, has anyone beaten it?

I am suffering from postnatal depression and by far the wors symptom is feeling very sick, I have severe nausea almost constantly. Unfortunately this just reinforces my panic by forever thinking I'm going to throw up (even though I haven't so far).

If I could get rid of this fear, I could deal with my panic and anxiety much more easily. Does anyone else have this problem? It is really hindering my recovery and I need it gone!

Re: Emetophobia, has anyone beaten it?

I know I shouldn't give into my fear, but at the moment I am not strong enough to challenge it all the time like i used to.

Me!! I've beaten it!

Hope it's OK to post this link here but I have a thread about it here: http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?t=26299

I still am nauseous all the time but I don't let it bother me so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowOne View Post
    Me!! I've beaten it!

Hope it's OK to post this link here but I have a thread about it here: http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?t=26299

I still am nauseous all the time but I don't let it bother me so much anymore.
    Thanks Rainbow, I have looked on that site a few times, but I find that the posters on there give in to their fear too much by talking about it so minutely, I know that would make me worse.

I can deal with emet when i haven't got anx and panic, but I am just struggling at the moment. I am just about to start some more CBT so hopefully that will help somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by rocklover View Post
    Thanks Rainbow, I have looked on that site a few times, but I find that the posters on there give in to their fear too much by talking about it so minutely, I know that would make me worse.

I can deal with emet when i haven't got anx and panic, but I am just struggling at the moment. I am just about to start some more CBT so hopefully that will help somewhat.
    Yeah I don't think that site is particularly good for fears, it does encourage them. But I was a regular on there for years so that's why I posted the thread in there to tell them how I got over it.

CBT is good for emetophobia, I think

Thread Information